1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don't Join a book club - Computer Books Direct

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Jul 8, 2004.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Warning! Joining a Book Club may be adverse to your mental health.

I joined a book club, Computer Books Direct, a while back and have bought several books from them.

You need to know that you will get NO notification whatsoever when your anniversary date passes.

What will happen is your account will be cancelled and you will get a bill for a numeric quantity of outstanding books times what they call the average club price. For computer books direct that is around $41.00

I found out my account had been cancelled when I tried to log on to their web site to order a book!

The lack of fair warning and oppurtunity to make a last minute purchase reeks of arrogance to the Nth degree.

I had been a member before and they didn't do such things they contacted me and we worked out a purchase. But since AOL-Time Warner has become a partner these books clubs are completely different, unfriendly and decidedly not recommended.

You have been warned.

The Bookspan Clubs

Computer Books Direct - The one I joined. And bought many more than the two required... Evidently they weren't on their 'approved' list.

Book-of-the-Month Club®
    The Literary Guild®
    Quality Paperback Book Club®
    Doubleday Book Club®
    The Garden Book Club®
    Readers' Subscription®
    Library of Science®
    Discovery Channel Book Club

a partnership between:
    Doubleday Direct, Inc. (owned by Bertelsmann Inc.)
    Book-of-the-Month Club Holdings LLC (owned by Time Inc., a unit of AOL Time Warner Inc.).