1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Door to Door Soul-Winning

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Prince of Preachers, Nov 1, 2002.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ForYourGlory

ForYourGlory Member

This is where I really enjoy passing out the Jesus Video. What our church does is the week before we distribute we let people know that we are going to be in their area through our local newspaper. I know to some people that may not seem right, letting them know that we are coming, giving people the chance to run. But what about the people who don't. You would be amazed at how many people stay home looking forward to us coming and giving them a free video. But it's not just about the video, we are there to talk to them, listen to them, and also present the gospel to them. We are not pushy with them, we are available to them. This has been such a blessing to me and my family to be able to go out and do this. And yes, my whole family goes including my children. My oldest is 13, and the youngest is 10. They have at times been able to talk to the peoples little ones. And many times I think that they have been real icebreakers when it comes to some of the people.

I also know what you are talking about as far as people living in gated up communities. Our family had a chance to go on a mission trip to a very what you would say upper class area. Some of these people will never give you the time of day, they were very rude and very self absorbed. The first thing that went through my mind was Mark 10:25 "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." I saw it in front of my very own eyes. It was quite sad and very frustrating. All I could do was pray for them. If only they knew what they were really missing.

But for us this is one way of being able to go door to door reaching out to people, and I praise God for the opportunity to be able to serve Him and help further His Kingdom this way.

God bless,
    FYG

2. SouthernBaptistBoy

SouthernBaptistBoy New Member

Sad to say I haven't done that ina while. I remeber when I did me and some friends from Bob Jones University use to go door to door, at first it was a little intimidating but the feeling inside was fantastic, the joy you feel when people slam the door in your face. I know it sounds sarcastic, but by no means am I being. There is a special joy you feel in your soul when you do this type of work. I always said a good baptist is one that:

1. Has JW feet.
    2. Penecostal Heart
    3. Baptist Theology.

forgive the poor spelling, I never was blessed with a good speller, but you know what I mean. [​IMG]

God Bless you all
    Craig

3. Griffdog

Griffdog New Member

The day of Door2Door is long since past. While we have literlly seen two people become active members of our church as a result of this method, I think the last 6 years of Monday nights could possibly have been spent more effectively.

We use a youth service on Sunday nights as outreach, designing it to be basic Biblical truth while at the same time clearly giving out the Gospel. Students use their relationships to bring friends to hear the Gospel.

Josh

4. JohnB

JohnB New Member

If God calls you to go door to door, and gifts you, and gives fruit, don't let anyone stop you.

Personally, I do not believe God calls me to do "door to door." I get the cold sweats picking up the phone to follow up with visitors from my Sunday School class.

However, my class and I do other outreach and ministry projects such as Christmas boxes or making sandwiches for the local night shelter. This past summer, my family went to Mexico to do VBS.

Do what God has called, prepared and equipped you to do.