1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dot-com, dot-org, dot-somethin-or-other

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Stratiotes, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

Too funny:
    VP Web Ref

Especially since the site that the VP intended people to see (FactCheck.org) now indicates that Edwards was basically accurate in his statements in the debate.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

"Mr Cheney meant to tell people about this site
    Mr Cheney could not even win support from the Factcheck.org website.

In a statement the site's editors said the vice president "wrongly implied that we had rebutted allegations Edwards was making about what Cheney had done as chief executive officer of Halliburton."

"In fact we did post an article pointing out that Cheney hasn't profited personally while in office from Halliburton's Iraq contracts, as falsely implied by a Kerry TV ad," the statement said.

It concluded: "Edwards was talking about Cheney's responsibility for earlier Halliburton troubles. And in fact, Edwards was mostly right.""

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I heard that on the radio. Pretty clever redirection.

I'm sure Cheney will not be making that mistake again.

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Dot-Org and Dot-Com should not be allowed to exist with the same Primary Naming...

My Web Site is a Dot-Org because I was led to believe that because I was not for profit I had to be a Dot-Org...

Then when I had wanted to get the Dot-Com variation I was beaten to it by a west coast ministry...

Making the Dot-Com vs Dot-Org is a *very* easy mistake to make...

In fact it is a "Growth Industry" as unscrupulous persons register Domain Names at all kids f variations in the hopes that a legitimate potential owner will pay them big bucks to get the 'right' domain name...

In this case the Dot-Com intentionall used the loophole in ICANN's policies to buy a Dot-Com variation of a site in the hopes that person *would* make the Com-vs-Org mistake and think they were getting 'good' and 'valid' information...

Intentional Deciet *is* against ICANN's policies but nobody has the money to protest the registration...