1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug Batchelor and Soul Sleep

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by untangled, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Call up the station and tell them that you assume they are okay with soul sleep and the fact that all those who worship on Sunday will receive the mark of the beast when Jesus comes back.

2. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

Yeah there was a "prophecy seminar" in North Baton Rouge that was interpreted for the Deaf. I went two nights and the first night was ok, the second was fine too, but the third night was a Friday and he warned us that Monday would be quite different..and that he would discuss things that might be contrary to our beliefs. Since he had a little time, he began talking about Christmas and I immediately realized he was either Seventh Day or Worldwide Church of God. I was given some booklets ("Amazing Facts") and came home and did some research. Yes he is a Seventh Day type person. The strange thing was, when i called them to find a church, the address they gave me was about a half block from the VFW hall that they rented.
    They duped many into going to the VFW hall knowing full well they couldnt draw many to their church.
    I was not impressed with that and stopped going. The interpreter went Monday and was sickened by what was taught and just walked out.