1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Adrian Roger's Retirement

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Gang,

I don't know if this belongs here or not.

I can make a stretch because Dr. Roger's and Bellview BC were consistent supporters of Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary. They have even given MABTS 30 something acres on I-40 to relocate. I had my first seminary experience at MABTS; therefore, I have a vested interest in Dr. Rogers, Bellview BC, and the seminary.

I would like to hear some GOOD reflections on him and his ministry. How you see him? How he has impacted people you know or personally impacted your life? etc., et al? How he has helped to retake the SBC? cause of Christ? Christ's Church?

Let me hear from you.

sdg!

rd

2. time like this

time like this New Member

Had missionaries come from out of town and bellview helped facilitate housing. also gave support to local spanish churches around mphs. the church is in the county but they gave great support to smaller churches reaching the community in the inner city.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr Rodgers will be teaching, part time, at MABTS. He is a great man of God and I am sure the church will miss him greatly.

Martin.

4. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

He's my pastor. We will be staying in one of Bellevue's missionary homes when we go back to America for stateside assignment in July. I felt the call to ministry while hearing him preach. God has used him in great ways. Bellevue now has 29,000 members.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

6. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

That was a great Baptist Press article!

7. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

Does anybody know if Dr.Rogers got to teach any at MABTS or was he too sick too?

8. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. Smith,

I am an MABTS alum and still live in Memphis. As far as I can tell all of the admin stuff was done for Adrian to begin teaching. But, unfortunately, he never had the opportunity.

sdg!

rd

9. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

Thats too bad but he's now in a better place then Memphis:)