1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Brauder: It’s Not a Cadillac! Part Three: What Do We Need?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Squire Robertsson, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One reason I quoted this part of Bauder's article is because I don't agree with it. In my lifetime I have known lots of pastors, and some of the best I've known had either only a basic working knowledge of Greek, or no training in the languages at all. But they knew the Bible and knew how to teach others also, equipping and edifying them to do the work of God. This is said not to argue against a pastor knowing the original languages, but to point out that many pastors have reached high levels of pastoral competence in exception to Bauder's rule.

3. CertainSound

CertainSound New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He gets a salary from a seminary. He couldn't very well say the BA you got from a Bible college is enough to be a pastor to the people in a village in the back holler in West Virginia. God is not like Henry Ford, cranking out identical people on an assembly line. I'm thankful for the guys that earned PhD's. But I'm very grateful for the guys that got as much education as they could then just went out to find where the Lord prepared them for.

• Like Like x 1