1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. D.James Kennedy

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by robycop3, Dec 27, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since there's a Falwell thread, might as well start a Kennedy thread. Yes, I realize he's some kinda grand imperial nabob within the Presbyterian heirarchy, but I also see where he fights against the ACLU, the mortal enemy of Christianity in the USA.

A coupla years ago, a paramedic friend of my family, a pastor's wife, was suspended from her job because she witnessed to a Christian patient AT THE PATIENT'S REQUEST. Her "partner", an athiest and a homosexual, was 'offended' by her Bible-quoting, and complained to the employer, whose DO is a JW, who promptly sided with the complainant& suspended the Christian without pay. DJK's org provided her with a lawyer expert in these matters, free of charge. To keep a long story short, a jury found for the lady in less than 1/2 hour's deliberation, awarding her $30K plus all legal fees all perks she'd have normally received from the employer. The employer appealed, & the COA raised the award to $45K plus all the other things named above. The Ohio Supreme Court, refused, w/o comment, to hear the case. That was the end. The employer was stuck with paying the cash award and over $20K in attorney's fees.

That was a "small fry" case compared with some of the cases Kennedy's org gets involved in. Many of them involve the ACLU, and his people have about a 90% win rate against them.

Most of Kennedy's TV shows deal largely with the war against Christianity occurring in this land. His radio shows, far as I receive them on WEMM-FM 107.9, are almost exclusively straight preaching.

Is he too political? I don't think so. We need MORE pastors with a national audience to speak out against the ACLU and the New-Age-liberal judges found in many a US courtroom today.

What do YOU think?

2. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

I like Kennedy and am much more comfortable with him than Falwell.

From what I've seen, he stays in good balance yet never compromises an inch of territory. And, unusual for TV preachers, he doesn't seem to have an ego problem.

I look forward to meeting him someday.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I didn't know that DJK was part of the "One call, that's all!" network!!!

I would love to meet Dr. Kennedy!

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I like him,I watch him, I listen to him. Wish more Baptist preachers were active like him.

5. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

I know I'm out of the loop a little but, what is that? TBN?

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I avoid him religiously.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    His "Evangelism Explosion" is a good program contrasted to the easy believism of Graham or Hyles.

He is a good reformed calvinist, and wears a robe so hey, he MUST be good!

8. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

ROFLOL!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Grand Imperial Nabob.... :eek:

9. Watchman

Watchman New Member

I listen to him often and he seems to be a sound teacher.

10. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Oh, forgive me for the joviality....

JDK is a great speaker, and one of the most influential evangelical Christian leaders in the USA. Definitely thumbs up!

11. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

:rolleyes: [​IMG] Funny thing is though...If Dr.Kennedy signed up on the Baptist Board he wouldn't be able to post in this thread since it is "baptist only".He's a robe wearing Presybeterian...LOL...definitely NOT a Baptist.I will agree with the rest of you though...He is a great speaker and has done a lot of good for the cause of Christ here in the USA.

[​IMG] By the way Dr.Bob...do YOU wear a robe?
    ...lol :D

Greg Sr. [​IMG]

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only to and from the shower.

I don't wear ties any longer (except with my tux and tails).

Not even sure I could FIT my doctoral robe any longer. Was 220 in 1980 and 305 now. You do the measurement.

13. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Good gravy! How tall are you? [​IMG]

14. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

BTW, I enjoy Dr. Kennedy. I also like the fact that his pulpit is off to the side, giving up center stage.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good gravy! How tall are you?</font>[/QUOTE]6'6", a manly sort of man! Don't let the bowtie fool you!

BTW, I was 145# when I married!

16. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Must be the most itimidating guy in Casper! My youngest son is 6'5" at 190 pounds. He used to be skinny with a big, giant head. Looked like a walking lollipop. He'll be 20 years old this summer and he's getting much more broad across his shoulders. My first born son is 6'2" and very athletic. Good boys.

17. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

Kennedy is a Presbyterian Falwell.

The ACLU is not an anti-Christian organization.

Go to their website and see who they really are.

Dave

18. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

I don't have much to do with Falwell, but I like Kennedy......
    The ACLU website aside, they are overtly anti-Christian (just look at their "fruits"), and I personally view them as a threat to not just the Christian way of life; but also to the majority of what is still decent in this country.

19. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

Quite an accusation. Please enlighten me with documented examples, and tell me what the "fruits" of the ACLU are.

Dave

20. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Hi David,
    There is is old addage that says "Actions speak louder than words." To put it in the "fruits" context, I simply mean this: We can tell the true
    nature of an individual/organization by what they do in contrast to what they say. To put it another way, if we see an Apple Tree, we (hopefully) don't point at it and declare "What a pretty Fig Tree". We know it's an Apple tree because........It has Apples.
    The ACLU in fact does not expound freedom OF religion, but rather freedom FROM religion, which is a radically different concept.
    If you will give me a day or so to dig out some of my old research, I will post here documented examples of ACLU actions over the last 30 years or so, which I feel will serve to prove the truth of my former comment.
    John
    P.S. If there are other readers with documentation more readily available, (I have to go into my archives, and my ministry duties take precedence) please feel free to post it as Dave has asked a legitimate question that deserves a legitimate answer.
    Thanks.