1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. David Dockery Speaks at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary's Norton Lectures

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, May 4, 2018.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello all:

I consider Dr. David Dockery a personal friend. I thought it Southern Baptist's loss and Trinity IU's gain when he went from Union University there to be President a few years ago. He is so revered and loved he comes back from time to time to speak on special occasions and at different venues. He did such lately at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for the Norton Lectures.

In this lecture his thesis was what the the SBC and Evangelicals can learn from each other. That brings me to the reason why I want to post some of his address here in the part of the forum. He makes reference to the Fundamentalists. (This is cross posted in the Fundamentalist's forum.) And I thought that you would want to hear what is being said, and if you think it accurate. I would like to hear back from you concerning the address when possible.

Enjoy!

Dockery at Norton Lectures: Southern Baptists and evangelicals can learn from each other - News - SBTS

I remain fraternally yours.

sdg!

rd