1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dr. David Jeremiah on Politics

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Specifically the US Government I believe should be very small. There are very few enumerated Constitutional powers given to the government and I'd prefer if they stuck just as closely as possible to that.

If society were made up of mostly Christians, I'd always say just as I do now, adhere to God and His word FIRST, and anything else after that.

There can be multiple views. But we as Christians should always default to God's absolute truth. It's when men start given their views that are based in opinion that you get different views.

If Christians would operate from an adherence to God's word standpoint, a lot of the confusion would disappear.

It's like in the current election. So many want to vote for that which is against God when the entire notion goes against so much of God's word. There shouldn't be any confusion as to why you don't do that. But men tend to want to do things their way and then attempt to bring God along for the ride instead of getting into the boat with Him and letting Him lead.

And I get that. But according to what I've been told literally from one side of the world to the other and by my pastor, I'm a plain and simple prophet or proclaimer of God's truth. People can give their opinions, and I'll go back to what Scripture says.

And it's not intended to insult or hurt anyone's feelings. It's just a "God has spoken so it's not really up for discussion" approach that never seems to give an inch. :laugh:

But I am offering the antithesis to the ideas that they hold. They think it's because of politics but it isn't.