1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Dobson accuses Obama of "distorting" the Bible

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Joe, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You strongly implied Obama was whining and wasn't tough enough. But I guess it's easier to make unsupported assertions than to back them up with any facts. I think the tough fought primary campaign shows he has the mettle and fortitude for the job.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, you're right. I did imply it, and I didn't give any "facts" to support my opinion. Since you're going to hold my feet to the fire, here's why I believe Obama is a whiner who needs to toughen up. Every time anybody disagrees with Obama, or doesn't vote for him, he and/or his supporters start playing the race card. It all boils down to the same thing: If you don't vote for Obama, you're racist. When the state of West Virginia voted for Hillary instead of Obama, the media flooded us with "reports" that our state was racist and had roots in the KKK. This is insulting to me and makes Obama look like a poor little victim being picked on by the big bad white folks.

I'm sick of it. If he's a real man, he should stop this and have his media friends stop it, too. Who wants to vote for a victim? It makes him look like he can't defend his beliefs or stand on his own two feet. This election isn't about race, but they (meaning the democrats and the media) sure are trying to make it look that way.

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN! While I don't like to see men of God speak without a whole lot of thought, our generation is missing great conservative Biblical men like Graham (he is too feeble) and Falwell who weren't afraid to speak the truth in the political and corrupt world.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    true. that's why my family and I backed off from voting for Obama.
    he's smart, and i don't believe he doesn't love this country, and besides it ain't his wife running for office anyway, but it ain't his time yet.

his time is when American Media, and some African-Americans learn to outgrow the race thing. my own personal opinion.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your comments are spot on, dragonfly. :thumbs:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see that happening to any great extent at all. Maybe it is some of the folks who are opposing Senator Obama who are being hypersensitive to what they perceive as being "race card" comments. They will have to look into their own feelings to determine why they are perhaps hypersensitive about this.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

From the article in the OP it appears that Sen Obama is taking this very much "like a man."

Dr Dobson appears the be the one acting otherwise.

Do any one of us really want a secular government, led by many lost people, to be run by their view of the Bible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.