1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Grady Video...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've noticed that the link doesn't work sometimes...it's as inconsistent as the KJVO view itself. Ya might hafta disable either IE or FF so that only one browser is working at the time. That's what I've done. I have IE disabled as I use it very little; I have it ONLY to get its supplementary features such as WMP9.

For me, it begins "Shibboleth or sibboleth", with 'next' appearing in the lower right. I continue to click 'next' through subsequent windows until the actual video begins. I hafta give it time to load, about 30 seconds or so, but then it begins to play on its own. The WMP9 control bar does not appear during the whole presentation.

The actual Grady speech is about 35 minures long.

I dunno what else to tellya, as it runs trouble-free fopr me...except tryta download it off Grady's actual site, gradypublications.com

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A brief summary on Dr. Grady's speech as I saw it:

He taught at the scandal-ridden Hyles-Anderson College. Here's some info on that man & his school. I encourage everyone to check out the veracity of this report for yourselves:

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hyles/general.htm

Note: I AM NOT implying guilt-by-association.

Grady endorses & indeed hawks the worx of Gail Riplinger. Here, I AM implying guilt-by-association!

He got his KJVO myth from reading Ruckman's Manuscript Evidence, in which Ruckman writes the incredible and absolutely-FALSE idea that the KJV corrects its Greek & Hebrew sources. Grady apparently believes that hooey also, as he warns against appealing to "the Greek".

He advocates firing faculty members at seminaries who don't teach the KJVO myth.

He implies that Joe Combs, a HAC grad, went to prison for "correcting" the KJV with "the Greek". This is a lie. Here's the straight skinny of why Combs was sent to prison for over 100 years:

http://www.sullivan-county.com/nf0/combs/index.htm

Again, I encourage every reader to research the veracity of this report.

Grady admits the KJV is an eclectic work, something we Freedom Readers have stated all along, especially since KJVOs have criticized newer versions for being eclectic, "straying" from the Textus Receptus.

He implies that Dr. Theodore Letis was killed in an auto accident for being anti-KJVO.

My conclusion: Dr. Grady is a radical KJVO, fulla baloney as the others of that ilk. he cannot offer one blip of evidence to support the KJVO myth; he offers only theory, imagination, & guesswork, same as the others, with some of the goofy theories of Ruckman tossed in.

Brethren, our English Bibles were derived from the Greek & Hebrew whether or not anyone likes it or not. To not follow those sources accurately as possible is changing God's word! While Grady tells us it's wrong to refer to those ancient sources, GOD made them available to us as the very foundation for His word in our languages today! Who are WE to tryta correct those ancient sources? Grady lowers their value, same as Ruckman. Neither of'em should be believed!

#22 robycop3, May 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there you have a textbook example of the classic Ad Hominem attack. What difference does it make that he spoke at HAC? Shouldn't you be attempting to discredit his position rather than the places at which he presented it? It is sad that your argument cannot stand alone without the other baggage that you throw in to attempt to arouse the emotion of our members in order to gain acceptance of your conclusions.

And you say Grady and "the others of that ilk" are "fulla baloney?"

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor_Bob:And there you have a textbook example of the classic Ad Hominem attack. What difference does it make that he spoke at HAC?

He admits he TAUGHT there for 10 years. Given the recent history of that joint, it makes a LOTTA difference.

Shouldn't you be attempting to discredit his position rather than the places at which he presented it?

His position is discredited by several facts: he got it from Ruckman's stuff, he hawx Riplinger's stuff, and, most telling, it's KJVO, which automatically discredits it.

It is sad that your argument cannot stand alone without the other baggage that you throw in to attempt to arouse the emotion of our members in order to gain acceptance of your conclusions.

They can view the video for themselves & draw their own conclusions. If YOU wanna believe Combs went to prison for not being KJVO, or Letis was killed because of this, that's your right. And ifya wanna believe that the KJV corrects its sources, ya also have that right. And ifya wanna believe the KJVO doctrine in general, ya also have THAT right. I believe NONE of that hooey, and I have the same right to express my beliefs as anyone else.

And you say Grady and "the others of that ilk" are "fulla baloney?"

Yerp!

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Brother John.... Or is it Don? I can't seem to get it straight.

Much like you and Dr.GRADY'S name. It is not Brady. Respect starts with getting a man's name right.

Just because you can't find something online does not mean it does not exist nor does it mean it is not legit.

If it was such a big deal for you perhaps you ought to think about giving the man a phone call. I KNOW he loves to hear from missionaries.

In His service;
    James

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it's pretty strange that I can't find either of his schools, or any graduates from either of them.

Sorry, I'm not impressed enough with his book to give him a call. I'm too busy getting the Gospel out, planting a church, teaching in Bible institute and translating the Word of God from the TR into Japanese. Now if he (or you or anyone else) can tell me how to produce a perfect translation in Japanese like he says we have in English, then I might give him a call. I just spent the entire day translating (by myself in the morning, with "Uncle Miya" in the afternoon). Shucks, if we didn't have to correct and research and correct again! :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

It would be so easy to have an easy method of producing a perfect translation. How in the world did the KJV translators do that? What was their methodolgy? They never said and no one else ever has. :tear:

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

John,

Which edition of the TR are you using?

8. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stephanus in the PowerBible CD--but there is so little difference between the editions it almost never matters in the translation.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

If one would actually study what Ruckman says the KJB corrects in the Gree, is the malignity found in corrupt MSS used to support what we all know as modern versions.

Roby, you would have some leg to stand upon if your vernacular had less verbal rhetoric and without any substance.

You always attack the person for their association and do nothing but run your mouth about "KJVO".

Show me one verse the Lord gives that will credit your "call" to carry on like you do and I will show you multitudes that call men to spread the Gospel.

All I can deduce about reading your posts is you spout your opinion of people because they take the KJV stance and those are the antics and the characteristics of talebearing.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salamander:If one would actually study what Ruckman says the KJB corrects in the Gree, is the malignity found in corrupt MSS used to support what we all know as modern versions.

Let's let Dr. Ruckman himself prove ya wrong:

“The A.V. 1611 reading, here, is superior to ANY Greek text” (Dr. Peter Ruckman, The Christian’s Handbook of Manuscript Evidence, Pensacola Bible Press, 1970, p. 118).

“We candidly and publicly confess that the King James text of the Old Testament (Authorized Version) is FAR SUPERIOR to Kittel’s Hebrew text, Derossi’s Hebrew text, Kennicott’s Hebrew text or any Hebrew text that any of you are reading. We do not hesitate to state bluntly and openly that the King James text for the New Testament (Authorized Version) is superior to Erasmus’ Greek text, Aland’s Greek text, Metzger’s Greek text and any other that you are reading (or will read in the future)” (Ruckman, Problem Texts, page xii).

Grady got his ideas from Ruckman.Notice in the video how he commends Ruckman.

Roby, you would have some leg to stand upon if your vernacular had less verbal rhetoric and without any substance.

I can't quite clearly make out YOUR vernacular above, but I simply post the TRUTH as I've found it.

You always attack the person for their association and do nothing but run your mouth about "KJVO".

Once again, simply telling the truth. KJVO is an incorrect doctrine.

Show me one verse the Lord gives that will credit your "call" to carry on like you do and I will show you multitudes that call men to spread the Gospel.

EASY!

Titus 2:1, Jude 3, Tim. 4:3-4, 2 Tim. 2:14-16, 1 Tim. 4:1-4, 1 John 4: 1-3 for starters.

All I can deduce about reading your posts is you spout your opinion of people because they take the KJV stance and those are the antics and the characteristics of talebearing.

All I can deduce from YOUR posts is "My KJVO doctrine, right or wrong". Do ya REALLY believe the KJV or any other version corrects its sources? Or that God kills people for not being KJVO? Or any of the other hooey he blabs in the video?

That wasn't even a good try, Sal. Surely you can do better than that...well, MAYBE....

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Genug ist genug.

Sorry lads, I think you all probably knew this was coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.