1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. James White in Conference

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Chris Temple, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

For those interested in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. Dr. James White will be at Grace Reformed Baptist Church the weekend of 12/14-16. Here is the flyer:

Dr. White, author of such books as The Forgotten Trinity, The Potter's Freedom, The God Who Justifies, and The King James Only Controversy, will be here in Raleigh for a series of talks Friday, December 14 - Sunday, December 16. We invite you to attend this special event to learn more about some important issues for our day. There will not be any admission charge. For more information about the event or Grace Reformed Baptist Church, please call (919) 835-3755, or e-mail [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you in December. Soli Deo Gloria!

Event schedule and location:
    Friday, December 14, 7:30pm-9:30pm
    "Reformed Apologetics and Evangelism"
    Location: Homewood Suites (behind Crabtree Valley Mall, beside the Cactus Flower restaurant)
    Saturday, December 15, 10am-12pm
    "Which English Version of the Bible Should Christians Use Today?"
    Saturday, December 15, 3:00pm-5:00pm
    "What Is Reformed Theology?"
    Sunday, December 16, 10:30am
    Dr. White will be the guest Sunday School teacher and guest preacher at Grace Reformed Baptist Church, Raleigh

*The Homewood Suites is offering a discounted rate of $79/night for event attendees* *To get this rate, call 919-785-1131 and ask for Wendy Cirmele*

See here for
    Directions and here for Places to Eat

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If I wasn't already tied up that weekend, I'd be asking for a vacation weekend from church to come to this! I am an acquaintance of Dr. White, and he is outstanding!

3. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomVols:
    If I wasn't already tied up that weekend, I'd be asking for a vacation weekend from church to come to this! I am an acquaintance of Dr. White, and he is outstanding!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

If you made it here, you could save on hotel and stay at my house ;)

4. Kenneth77

Kenneth77 New Member

Chris, do you realize how many people live in or near North Carolina? How big is your house? Will you serve meals also?

Free room, free food......um.....what about transportation? I only live about an hour away.. Uh, I mean, I live hour(S) away. I'll need a ride also. :D

With all seriousness, I might have to see if I can get up some of the men and head down there. I've read some of Dr. White's writings and would like to hear him.

God Bless, Kenneth(outskirts of Greensboro)

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 'I AM' hath sent me:
    Chris, do you realize how many people live in or near North Carolina? How big is your house? Will you serve meals also?

Free room, free food
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said anything about free?? :D

6. Kenneth77

Kenneth77 New Member

Work with me here Chris.. :D Us tarheels got to stick together. O.K. so the room will be discounted. I can handle that....And you are real nice for suggesting that the meal(S) would be free. Now, that's enough, you've been gracious enough. What's that Chris? You'll send a limo too. :D I don't know what to say Chris. Thank you :D :D

O.K. so its wishful thinking. A man can dream can't he. Seriously, I will ask some of the men at Church tomorrow about going. We don't live that far away.

God Bless, Kenneth

7. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 'I AM' hath sent me:
    Work with me here Chris.. :D Us tarheels got to stick together. O.K. so the room will be discounted. I can handle that....And you are real nice for suggesting that the meal(S) would be free. Now, that's enough, you've been gracious enough. What's that Chris? You'll send a limo too. :D I don't know what to say Chris. Thank you :D :D

O.K. so its wishful thinking. A man can dream can't he.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you forgotten you are talking to a Baptist!?!? :eek: :D

8. Kenneth77

Kenneth77 New Member

Of course not. Why do you think I keep trying to get things free or discounted. I too am a Baptist. I can't think of any better deals than free food....Now that is a hint for all the North Carolinians here. :D ;)

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, as I read of the conference, I lusted at the opportunity to go. What a great man of God to sit at the feet.

And free food and fellowship with BB members would be great. If only it wasn't in North Carolina.

Let me know when Brother White speaks in the USA :rolleyes: