1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Jeffress vs Dr. Prescott

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, May 15, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Prescott, Executive Director of Mainstream Oklahoma Baptist had some hard words for Dr. Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist, Dallas,Tx.

Read all about it here

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Weak.

Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan was better.

Maybe they can fire it up into Battle of the Baptists. Yeah. That's what we need. We sure need more arguing.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not certain what Jeffress is doing up at FBC Dallas, but it is difficult to see how blatantly mixing politics and pulpit ministry is a long term strategy.

Barton is not a good historian. For a group of people who decry revisionist history at every chance it is odd certain evangelicals embrace him so much.

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Jeffress is one of those people who insists on making himself and those around him look like idiots. Remember the grinchalert.com fiasco?

He needs to be called out every time he does something stupid like this.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jag - you are so right - I think it is just horrible that folks want to hear the greeting of "Merry Christmas" during the holiday season.

BTW, I suppose you did not hear what Dr J had to say as to why he started grinchalert.com