1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Jerry Falwell

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by DeafPosttrib, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It sounds like the vultures, crows, and wolves are gathering. The ministry needs prayerful support, now as much as ever.

I understand the concerns of nepotism, which could be discussed in a separate thread without targeting a particular ministry: however to imply it is unBiblical? or that some evil is behind it? Personally, if or until God gives me the direction and the power to do likewise, I'm not in a position to judge, and doubtfully very few are.

A member or participant who has identified with that ministry, should continue to support it through prayer and discretion, continuing in the business to which they are called, unless the Lord impresses them to move elsewhere. In which case, tales (gossip) leave behind. Internal questions and matters should be resolved inside. It seems contrary for those who participated in the ministry in the past, unless having been involve in or actively discussing their concerns with the leadership in the past, would make it their business to now become involved with their concerns. To whom much is given, much shall be required: It seems God has blessed the ministry to do quite a lot: Proclaiming the Gospel of Christ; training others for ministry; providing a home for unwed mothers; recognizing and assisting in the repair of lives of those bound in substance abuse.

For those who are not connected with this misistry or identified as a participant, it appears meddling into someone else's business. I'm sure that the devil is already doing what he can to weaken it: seeing as preaching the Blood of Christ and his resurrection, that man can be saved, and teaching Christians to concern themselves with their own morality and as citizens to take part in upholding that which is Godly and just when the opportunity presents in the making of law-----that this has created much enmity between those who are or have opposed.

Agreed with others, this is a public, although "Baptist" board. Lukers may come to measure what we say; to measure our conscience towards 'fair and just', and to take with them the jealousies perceived and the questions we ask to create division elsewhere.

2. mes228

mes228 New Member

Falwell

In no way do I think that members of TRBC are unchristian. No offense intended, God bless you all. I do feel for the loss of a loved one. These observations are simply mine. I've asked them in writing with no reply, long ago. From my past, I simply cannot check my brain at the door as some are willing to do. I think they are legitimate questions that every member should know. If they don't (in my opinion) it comes close to "burying your talents" and being less than diligent in the resources that God has given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.