1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr Mohler and Dr.Patterson Debate

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Mar 2, 2006.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

keep in mind they'll hold to a fairly close view of election...where they will differ is on the issue of determinism

2. R. Charles Blair

R. Charles Blair New Member

Of course we have "free will"; that is our problem. But we do not have "good will," nor do we have "competent will." I can sit here and will to go to the moon from now till I die, but my will cannot take me there. Nor did I want to do right by my old nature. My "free will" made the choice to rebel; only God's grace can cover me with the shed blood of justification. Brethren Mohler & Patterson will be leading a civilized discussion on a subject where they differ very little. It will be a great time!

Best - Charles - Ro. 8:28

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They might get them from the WWF.

4. Convicted by the Spirit

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

They might get them from the WWF. </font>[/QUOTE]Or the WMU! [​IMG]

6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

You make a good point. The fact that God drove Adam out of the garden does not show that Adam had a free will but that he had animosity toward God, even though God had made a provisional atonement for Adams sin through the shedding of innocent blood.
    [/b]</font>[/QUOTE]Old Regular, I suppose someone could tell what color eyes Adam had and what he had for supper that day. What a leap! How do you know he had animosity in his heart? Please tell me what scriptural facts you use to draw this conclusion.
    Thanks -----Bart

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They might get them from the WWF. </font>[/QUOTE]Or the WMU! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Did you notice that the administration at SWBTS was riding painted horses in a picture they had taken about two years ago?

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

They might get them from the WWF. </font>[/QUOTE]Or the WMU! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Did you notice that the administration at SWBTS was riding painted horses in a picture they had taken about two years ago? </font>[/QUOTE]I tried (for about two seconds) but I can't resist this one. Let me guess- 'Snort!' 'Chortle!'!
    You had the President and the Three Kings- uh- 'er I mean Deans; and they were seen riding on Four different painted horses, white, black, red, and pa...!
    :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

In His grace,
    Ed

PS. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Your post rated the two added icons! [​IMG]