1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Ruckman's "advanced Revelation"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by robycop3, Dec 23, 2004.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanx, C$K, for closing the other Ruckman thread. I reckon some people forgot there IS a Calvinism-Arminianism forum, and THAT'S where such discussions belong.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

Let us look at the dr.s weird views, both on the KJV and some other things.

In 1970, he released a book, THE CHRISTIAN'S HANDBOOK OF MANUSCRIPTS EVIDENCE in which he asserts the English of the KJV corrects the Greek from which the NT is translated. The book actually has a chapter called "Correcting the Greek with the English"! In it he wrote,"Mistakes in the A.V. 1611 are advanced revelation" (p 126).One of those "advanced revelations" is the rendering "churches" in Acts 19:37 when the Greek refers to TEMPLES.

Here's a summary of the teachings of Ruckman as far as the KJV goes:

1.) The King James Version itself is given by special revelation;

2.)The KJV is not just a version, it is the actual preserved Word of God;

3.)The KJV is superior to any Greek or Hebrew text of the past, including even the Greek and Hebrew texts from which the KJV was translated.

4.)The reason for "3" is because God has given "advanced revelation" or "advanced light", above and beyond those Greek and Hebrew texts.

5.) So miraculous is the KJV that God has given special revelation in the words in italics in the KJV, in the very order of the books, chapter and verse numbers, and even the fact of its name - the "King James" version.

6.)It is doubting the preserved Word of God to look into the meaning of Greek or Hebrew words.
    The KJV is the inerrant Bible, why look at original language meanings?

When the KJVOs who support Dr. Ruckman can get past these zingers, we'll return to the subject of his False prophecies, which went untouched in the thread just shut down.

2. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back in September I posted a partial list of the "advanced revelations" that Ruckman teaches.

Here is the link to that thread: Click Here

3. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJV-only author D. A. Waite asked: "If a person believes that the King James bible is 'inspired' or 'God-breathed' just like the Hebrew and Greek originals, after God has closed the canon, then how can we be sure that modern Versions or even the Book of Mormon are not also inspired?"
    (FOES OF THE KING JAMES BIBLE REFUTED, p. 47).

Charles Surrett observed: "If one assumes that God 'breathed' again in 1611, he opens the door for the Charismatics and others who claim to be getting new revelations from God today" (WHICH GREEK TEXT, p. 104).

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw someone on another board post that even the name "King James Bible" was significant because the names James, Joshua, and Jacob were the same name within proto-Hebrew, later Hebrew, and Greek. I reckon KJ's mother had an advanced revelation to have named him James after five previous kings of Scotland.(No comment necessary about "Joshua-Yeshua".)

Logos, you know to whom I'm referring..He's a typical disciple of the good Dr.R who eats up every word of the extra-Biblical blarney Dr.R preaches and/or writes.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is Ruckman a Mormon? His theological views parallel Mormonism.

Certainly anyone who follows Ruckman is following a cult leader.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Not a Mormon. But his wife situation also parallels the cult very closely . . :rolleyes:

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DrBob: "But his wife situation also parallels the cult very closely"

That's unfair to Mormons, Dr Bob. At least they *retain* their multiple wives and don't divorce them in order to get a new one. [​IMG]

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Dr. Peter Ruckman has been divorced two times and married three times yet he has been a pastor all along and he defends his unscriptural marital status in his book on divorce and remarriage.

His first marriage was before his salvation, and it ended in 1962 when his wife left him and filed for divorce. He began pastoring the Brent Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida, soon after that.

In 1972 Ruckman married the divorced wife of one of his former students. When a vote was taken in Brent Baptist as to whether they supported his second marriage, 200 voted for it and 100 opposed it.

He resigned and started the Bible Baptist Church in Pensacola in 1974 with 17 people.

In 1988 the second marriage ended when his second wife walked out and sued for divorce.

Ruckman’s third marriage was to a member of his church, a mother of three."

From http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/ruckman.htm

10. stevec

stevec New Member

He's not Mormon but his ideas and career path bear a striking parallel to Joseph Smith's, they're two peas in a pod.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Dr. Ruckman is like some others who advocate a certain false doctrine...He presents much of the same ole garbage in a brand-new bag. His unique 'delivery' is what sets him apart.

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's much like what a man told me who I witnessed to recently. "How can Christians be so stupid to follow those men? They are nothing more than shamans."

13. David J

David J New Member

I'm going to ask this yet again about Ruckman:

What is the deal with Ruckman and his Black lipped anti-christ that hangs out with little grey aliens?

Would a Ruckman follower please explain this one to me? Better yet how do you defend such a view?

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    David - what on earth are you talking about? We are dealing with his doctrine of "advanced revelation" and you bring in aliens??

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David J...I agree with Dr. Bob. I have some material to post about Ruckman's version of the AC, but let's run the course about his "advanced revelations" first.

Please note that I started this thread ONLY because it deals with a versions issue, and that Dr. Ruckman is a BAPTIST, or at least clains to be, although his attacks on Fundamentalists are legion.

Here's a link to Dr. David Cloud's article about Ruckmanisms.

http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/ruckman.htm

Keep in mind that Cloud is a KJVO, and while I disagree with many of his views on the KJV, I have checked out his statements in this article & found them to be accurate, as he uses Ruckman's own writings to form his opinion. I suggest anyone who is interested in why we consider Ruckman to be a charlatan, please READ DR.RUCKMAN'S STUFF FOR YOURSELVES, WITH YOUR BIBLE AT YOUR SIDE.

Let us now, please, discuss his false prophecy, which wasn't touched in the previous thread.

In the May, 1997 issue of his Bible believers' Bulletin, Dr. Ruckman wrote: "Now, Janet Reno, today has a 'hit list.' Certain law-abiding, patriotic males [such as Marrs, Ruckman] are targeted for destruction, and I KNOW WHO THEY ARE. I know who they are because I know the News Media; what it's done, what it plans to do, what it is doing, what it intends to do, and what the BIBLE says it's going to do" (page 8).

"Now, the dykes and sex perverts in Washington have drawn up a hit list. The WEB and the Internet and the fax and the surveillance going on now is to define those targets and then remove them. If you want to know who those targets are, I can name them for you . . . you will see the sudden 'SUICIDE' of these targets or their 'HEART FAILURES' or their ACCIDENTAL death in a PLANE CRASH . . . all kinds of ACCIDENTS happen to people like this . . . They had the 'scope' on them. I KNOW WHO the targets are in the next TWO or THREE years. On this 'prophesy' I CAN'T MISS"(P.12)

"Number one: Texe Marrs of Texas. That man would be considered by all Federal bureaucrats to be the most dangerous man in America. And small fry like Jim Jones, David Koresh, John Dillinger, Al Cappone, 'Pretty Boy' Floyd, or even 'Lucky' Luciano would be small fry alongside of Texe Marrs" (page 12).

He names the following on his "hit list":
    2. Jack Chick(I'm sure you're all familiar)
    3.Don MvAlvaney(a little Texe Marrs clone)
    4.Tom Anderson(a Rush Limbaugh wannabee)
    5. Dr Ruckman himself
    (Again quoting Dr. Ruckman:) "So, the next man on the hit list would probably be that famous junk yard dog from Pensacola, Florida, PETER S. RUCKMAN. I don't kid myself about these things. I don't overestimate my importance, but I know where I stand with the New World and the New Age and the News Media. I know exactly where I stand. They hate my guts" (page 14).

"We gentlemen are condemned men . . . It is just a matter of time before the AXE FALLS . . . I have been a target ever since I was saved . . . I know my destination. I am predestinated to stop a bullet or maybe a more subtle method, such as an accidental car wreck or accidental plane crash or logical looking 'suicide' or an ordinary 'heart attack.' The CIA has all kinds of ways of keeping a secret. And I know at least twenty of them" (pages 14, 17)(All quotes from the May, 1997 issue of Bible believers' Bulletin).

William Miller in 1844 when Christ didn't return according to his prophecy, admitted failure. (and he didn't claim his prophecy was from GOD, but was based upon his close study of the Bible.) But Ellen Gould White seized upon his prophecy not as FAILED, but as incorrectly predicting the EVENT that occurred in Oct.1844, which was that JESUS entered the heavenly temple to complete his atonement. She was following a custom of false prophets established long before, a custom followed by the Mormons a short time before she started...hedging the events or the dates when a prophecy didn't come to pass as first given. Since that time, EGW, the Jehovah False Witnesses, the Mor(m) ons, the Armstrongs, and a whole barge load of other false prophets have followed this prectice. How many times have the JFWs changed the date for Armageddon? How many times have the LSD...err...LDS changed the date for the political collapse of the USA and the return to them of their Temple land in Missouri?

Obviously, Dr. Ruckman's "can't miss" prophecy HAS missed SOMETHING. May 2000 came & went, with all his targets, including himself, continuing alive & well, while Reno and almost everyone else in the top of the US govt. are out of power now, apparently for good. So has anyone seen any comments by the good doctor about his failure? Has he said, "Well, it wasn't REALLY a prophecy" or something similar, even though, as you see above, he ACTUALLY CALLED it a prophecy?

I believe this alone reveals Dr. Ruckman's TRUE colors.

I'll now end this post & make another about his views of the KJV.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are some of Dr. Ruckman's "advanced revelations", from his very own writings:

“The A.V. 1611 reading, here, is superior to any Greek text” (Peter Ruckman, The Christian’s Handbook of Manuscript Evidence, Pensacola Bible Press, 1970, p. 118).

“A short handbook, such as this, will not permit an exhaustive account of the marvelous undesigned ‘coincidences’ which have slipped through the A.V. 1611 committees, unawares to them, and which give advanced light, and advanced revelation beyond the investigation of the greatest Bible students 300 year later” (Ruckman, Manuscript Evidence, p. 127).

“A little English will clear up the obscurities in any Greek text” (Ruckman, Manuscript Evidence, p. 147).

“If all you have is the ‘original Greek,’ you lose light” (Ruckman, Manuscript Evidence, p. 336).
    “If you are able to obtain a copy [of Ruckman’s proposed new book] you will have, in your hands, a minimum of 200 advanced revelations that came from the inerrant English text, that were completely overlooked (or ignored) by every major Christian scholar since 90 A.D.” (Bible Believers’ Bulletin, Jan. 1994, pp. 2,4).

“We shall deal with the English Text of the Protestant Reformation, and our references to Greek or Hebrew will only be made to enforce the authority of that text or to demonstrate the superiority of that text to Greek and Hebrew.” (Peter Ruckman, Problem Texts, Preface, Pensacola Bible Institute Press, 1980, p. vii).

“We candidly and publicly confess that the King James text of the Old Testament (Authorized Version) is far superior to Kittel’s Hebrew text, Derossi’s Hebrew text, Kennicott’s Hebrew text or any Hebrew text that any of you are reading. We do not hesitate to state bluntly and openly that the King James text for the New Testament (Authorized Version) is superior to Erasmus’ Greek text, Aland’s Greek text, Metzger’s Greek text and any other that you are reading (or will read in the future)” (Ruckman, Problem Texts, page xii). [Editor: Why does Ruckman treat the Critical the same as the Received Text?]

“If you had the original manuscripts, you couldn’t find what a soul was, no matter how educated you were, because the key for ‘finding out’ had nothing to do with the Hebrew or Greek” (Ruckman, Problem Texts, p. 145).

“Observe how accurately and beautifully the infallible English text straightens out Erasmus, Griesbach, Beza, Nestle, Aland, Metzger, Trench, Vincent, Davis, Wuest, Zodhiates, Elzevir, and Stephanus with the poise and grace of a swan as it smoothly and effectively breaks your arm with one flap of its wings. Beautiful, isn’t it? If the mood or tense isn’t right in any Greek text, the King James Bible will straighten it out in a hurry” (Ruckman, Problem Texts, pp. 348, 349). [Editor: Why does Ruckman put critical, modernistic textual editors Nestle, Aland, and Metzger on the same level with Beza, Elzevir, and Stephanus who honored the Word of God and handed down to us the Text Received from the Apostles?]

“The original Hebrew had nothing to do with Genesis 1:1-3 at all [referring to Ruckman’s unique idea that the flood of 2 Peter 3:5-6 speaks of a flood that took place in Genesis 1:2]. It only muddied the issue. Hebrew is of no help at all in understanding the passage” (Peter Ruckman, The Unknown Bible, Bible Baptist Bookstore, 1984, p. 67).

“The King James test is the last and final statement that God has given to the world, and He has given it in the universal language of the 20th century ... The truth is that God slammed the door of revelation shut in 389 BC and slammed it shut again in 1611” (Peter Ruckman, The Monarch of Books, Pensacola, 1973, p. 9).

“...every ‘recognized’ church historian and Christian ‘scholar’ is a member of a CULT. This cult is the Alexandrian Cult of North Africa, and its tentacles stretch from Origen (184-254 A.D.) to John R. Rice and the faculty members of every ‘recognized’ Christian school in the world” (Peter Ruckman, The Alexandrian Cult, Part One, 1978, p. 6).

17. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

I personally know Dr Ruckman and his wife.. the third one. I have been to a few of his Bad Attitude Baptist Blowouts. I think most of those who go along with the Advanced Revelation idea do so in the name of preservation of the Bible. If you think about it, makes sense. We dont have all the manuscripts ever written. We believe an awful lot more things than we have evidence to believe. I personally stop short with the idea that something new was offered with the KJV. I think preservation is as far as I will take it.
    That said, let me share that I was involved with the Ruckman folks for nine years. I personally hold an earned doctorate and I am no dummy and surely not gullible. I personally, after 20 years or preaching and traveling abroad, notice the Ruckman following (whether or not you think they are cultic) are far more knowledgeable in the word than the average fundamental Baptist. The fundamentalists from the other groups follow Hyles, Robertson, Bob Jones and fly, etc etc. Many have given over their mental faculties and are nothing but drones wrapped in legalism. At least those who are following Ruckman know their bible. I get sick and tired of the "standards" being placed above bible doctrine and bible knowledge. One thing for sure, Ruckman is not a legalist in the sense that he demands all his women wear dresses and so forth. Unfortunately, I cant say that for the others that i have come into contact with.

18. AVBunyan

AVBunyan New Member

Dr. Tim said in referring to those who respect or listen to Dr. Ruckman: "are far more knowledgeable in the word than the average fundamental Baptist"

Thank you Dr. Tim for your post.

May God bless your ministry

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Tim, how do you explain his "advanced revelations" that the KJV corrects its sources? That wouldn't be preservation now, would it? It would be replacing something old with something new. According to what's implied in his writings, if you disagree with him in his doctrines concerning the KJV, you're a member of the "Alexandrian Cult". Have you ever disagreed with him to his face?

There's not the slightest bit of evidence supporting his theory that the "KJV corrects the Greek" that cannot be applied to any other version in any other language.

I believe God closed His canon of Scripture with the Revelation, and, while He's continued to reveal things, it's all in accordance with the long-existing Scriptures, and not any more additions to them.

Mr. Bunyan, please stay tuned. We're gonna get to some more of of Dr. Ruckman's outlandish stuff, God Willing, soon as we finish with his advanced revelations. I know you're a busy man, but please at least check in here at least once in a while.

20. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

Robycop3... you miss the point here. If God is preserving the word, and gives man a heap of manuscripts to develop it, and finds that some passages from the original were either lost or for some reason the extant manuscripts that those translating have at their disposal are insufficient, then God Himself can see to it that the text is passed on, with or without manuscript evidence. Like I said, I dont think that there is anything that I would call NEW REVELATION and made it clear that I stopped at the point of preservation. Dr. Ruckman respects me as I respect him. He knows that I am a Bible Believer and if you do not know him personally, i think you should take the advice of someone who does. I do not agree with him on Acts 8 where the Samaritans (I believe) spoke in tongues, he says they did not. It's been discussed, I was not called any names. As far as the KJV correcting the Greek,, nah, that might not be the best way to put it. Let me say the KJV is not sandbagged by any insufficiences or omissions in the Greek.. how is that??? i agree with you, that the canon was closed and i am not in favor of saying that God "breathed again" something new.
    Let me also add that I do believe I know a great deal more fundamental baptists than probably 99% of the rest of the folks you will meet. I have traveled all over for 20 years, have been to three different Bible colleges, taught at one college, was SBC and IBC as well. The folks that follow Ruckman usually know their Bibles better than those from the college grads that follow someone else. No kidding.
    Dr Ruckman is not my hero. He has never given me the impression that he wanted to be my hero. Much more to say.. not much time. See ya around on the board, and God bless you for loving the Lord and the word.

tim