1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dr. Tom Malone...Home with the Lord

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by FBCPastorsWife, Jan 7, 2007.

1. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I was grieved this morning to learn of the passing of Dr. Tom Malone. We were notified last night that all the family had been called and that Dr. Shelton Smith had already been asked to do the funeral. His race had been well run! Dr. Malone was 91 years old this past November.

Please pray for the family at this time. While it is a joy to know he is Home with his Saviour...this world has lost a definite prince of preachers.

My husband and I had hoped on seeing him one more time at the Sword of the Lord board of directors meeting in February. It will be very different not seeing him there. :tear:

When funeral arrangements have been made I will try to post them.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the post, FBCPastorsWife. My wife is a Midwestern Baptist College grad and will be sorry to hear the news, as I am. We are privileged to have known him.

I'm sure Dr. Malone had a wonderful welcome in Heaven. He was certainly a great pulpiteer. I remember him telling about a young MBC grad who called him and said, "Dr. Malone, I preached your sermon outline on Sunday and it took me two hours to get through it." Dr. Malone replied, "Son, I took two Sundays to preach that outline!"

Dr. Malone will certainly be missed, but he is much happier now and in perfect health!

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Ohhhh! I miss him! I heard him preaching many times at Emmanuel Baptist Church, and at Midwestern Baptist College. I was used as member of that church. Also, student at MBC. He preached so bold and have passion over souls with love and burden. I thought, he is supposed to be lived up till age 100. Because of his mom lived till age 101. God have his purposed for his life. My last time met Dr. Tom Malone Sr. in person at Olive Gardens Restaurant with my friend last year in Janauary 2006. He looks fine. He was with his lovely wife. He told me, "I have been faithful serve the Lord for 70 years." He was a truly faithful servant :thumbs: . I miss him. Now, Dr. Lee Roberson is the only one remain oldest old-fashion fundamental baptist pastor. He is 97 years old. I would not be surprise that he will be pass away before reach 100. Only God knows. I highly admire Dr. Roberson, because of his faithful. I met him many times. This week, I will attend Dr. Malone's funereal service to honor him at Emmanuel Baptist Church. By the way, I NEVER met Dr. Shelton Smith. It would be good opporunity for me to meet him there. I did met Dr. Curtis Hutson three times. He knew sign language, because his daughter (not sure which one) is an interpreter. Anyway I am off the track.. I miss Dr. Malone! God bless him!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I had the privilege of hearing him preach in 2000. I'm sure everyone in his family is rejoicing in his Homecoming. Many years of service.

:godisgood:

5. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

It is sad to hear of another great leader of the past going home. Wisdom like their's does not grow on trees it comes from the water that has been partaken of at very great depths.

Don't forget Dr. A.V. Henderson is stil with us as well as Dr Roberson.

thjplgvp

6. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I read at The Fightining Fundamental Forums, There is a updated topic on Malone's Funeral arrangements:

it is at Donelson, John Funeral Home in Waterford on M-59

Viewing time will be:

Monday 7-9 pm
    Tuesday 3-5 and 7-9 pm

Funeral service on Wednesday at the Larkin Chapel at Midwestern Baptist College campus at 2 pm.

Fore sure, I will be attend funeral service at the Larkin Chapel this Wednesday 2 pm.

Tell everyone about this. Thanks.

In Christ

7. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

It is actually called the Lakin chapel (not Larkin) for anyone who is looking to attend. Probably just a misprint from the site you found it on DPT.

You can read Dr. Malone's brief biography and the full funeral arrangements by going here:

http://swordofthelord.com/MaloneGraduatestoHeaven.htm

8. Doc Mike

Doc Mike New Member

Graduate of MBC

I am a 1976 graduate of MBC. My wife Karen worked for Doc Malone as a secretary. He was a humble and unassuming man. No one will be able to fill his shoes.

With all of the scandals following many notable Christian leaders, Tom Malone led a life of integrity. My father graduated from MBC in 1966 and is in heaven welcoming Dr. Malone. He lived a long and profitable life. Dr. Malone exemplified how to live a "successful Christian Life".

May God continue to bless MBC and the Malone family.

Michael & Karen Shanlian

9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Michael.

You are right on target about Dr. Malone and his integrity. And for those who pooh-pooh IFB scholarship, he had some solid post grad degrees from solid and well known institutions.

My wife (Patty Grimes Himes) graduated from MBC in 1978, and thinks she remembers you.

God bless.

John R. Himes
    Japan

10. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Thoughts on Dr. Malone

I greatly admired and respected Dr. Malone. He was a very humble and godly servant of the Lord. His race was well-run and his life was well-lived. Dr. Malone will be missed. Praise God for such men of character who live a life above reproach without blame or scandal. Let's pray that our Lord will raise up men of the present generation such as Dr. Malone.

11. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Yesterday, I went to funeral service. There was SO CROWD! I have to parked my car far away near the end of the driveway of Midwestern Baptist College on the grass. There were thousands attend service. I was glad that the interpreter came. I saw Joyce Malone, and shaked her hand. She looks good. She was glad to see me again. Ushers gave bulletin of funeral service. I looked at the last page of the bulletin. There is a picture of 4 staffs stands with Dr. Malone. That was taken last Dec 21. Tom looks so awful terrible and very old looks like age 100's. At the Larkin Chapel, there was so crowd, they ahve to added chairs for more people coming in.

I enjoyed watch and listen Dr. Shelton Smith preaching. It was my first time to watch him. I often hear him many times for 12 years, but never see his preaching. He preached on Psalms chapter 104, talked about 'Giant'. He said, he was in the plane, met tall black man while sat with him. They were chat. He was about plan to ask him about Jesus Christ. Somehow, Dr. Smith asked him, where he is going? He told him, go to Pontiac. Dr. Smith shaked his head. He asked him, You know Dr. Malone?" He said, yes. He was a young boy, was saved and was brought to Emmanuel Baptist Church on blue and white bus. (Wow! Praise the Lord, amen!".) Dr. Malone actually influenced thousands chnaged their life and serve the Lord.

I saw Tony Hutson, Dr. Frank Holman, many other pastors. Even, met old friends there also.

Oh what a wonderful service! Blessing to be there yesterday. I miss Dr. Malone. But, I am sure that he is very happy in the heaven with the Lord, even see his little baby daughter baby, who was died as infant at birth many years.

I confident that David Carr, who is now President of Midwestern Baptist College, is taking care of that college keep running well for many years till Lord comes.

In Christ

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I was fortunate enough to have attended a revival Dr. Malone Preached at the church my brother-in-law pastored and got to met him. That man touched my heart. We would have to know if Dr. Malone is not with us he is with the Lord,where else would he be?

13. kmdiva

kmdiva New Member

As a present student at Midwestern I had the privelege to be a part of a tribute to Doctor Malone's life this past founders day. Learning about his history in getting ready for our presentation was nothing short of awe inspiring. Doctor Malone will be greatly missed but the college's present leadership continues to stay the course and follow his vision.