1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

drawing program

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by thjplgvp, Jan 13, 2016.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Hello all,

I am wanting to design a couple of church tracts and was looking for some cheap software or even free that did not cost a lot. I will need to put letters in a semi circle as well as add basic art. can someone point to this type of software I am running windows 10 currently a fairly fast PC machine. 4 years old.

Thank you for your help

thjplgvp

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you need a publisher program. http://www.scribus.net/ is a free one and you might look at serif.com for their publisher. It is not free but you might google it and look for an older version - usually cheaper.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you looked at GIMP?

4. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard some good things about Mangastudio. It can set up panels for you and has tools that can even help with perspective. It is mainly for making comics, though, so I guess it depends on what kind of tracts you're making.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    GIMP would be great for the graphics part; it's just as powerful as Adobe, but free. Only drawback, if you're new or inexperienced, GIMP has a steep, hard learning curve.

For what you described, I'd recommend excentric's post for a "publisher" package.

However, consider: you might have a basic version of Microsoft Word already on your computer; and it has "drawing tools" to insert circles and other shapes that you can type text into. It also has templates that you can utilize.

It's not meant to replace a publisher program, but if it's already on your computer, it's free; and would at least give you some practice laying out your page.

6. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I run the Serif program and you can do a free download of it for a starter. I agree that you will find no better Graphics program than GIMP, not even Photoshop and it is free also.

7. Br. Dan

Br. Dan Member

LibreOffice has a great draw program. I use it in conjunction with GIMP.