1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dreams about tsunami came to pass

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Link, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Other than what the word actually means, what more do you want? The word that you are quoting in 1 Thessalonians, is forth-telling. You are misapplying what the verse says.

My only authority comes from what the Holy Spirit tells us in Scripture. Which is why I was exhorting to be cautious.

I know that everyone wants the experential things that seem so exciting, but the Scriptures are sufficient for our needs. I also exhort those who like the experiences of tongues. Although I will not discount that they are from God, they are not part of God's plan for today, and just like the children of Israel, when they prayed for what they wanted (quail) instead of what God wanted (manna), they got it, but it made them sick.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Amen Tater! :thumbs:

3. Link

Link New Member

Hope of Glory
    I started a new thread to address your ideas of what prophesying means. I quote you in that thread, so you may want to have a look at it.

Paul said the gifts, including tongues, were given for the common good. Paul also said the one who spoke in tongues built himself up. This does not sound like God sending leanness to ones soul.

And in regard to the gift of prophecy, Paul urges the saints to seek this gift.

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

Dreams

:type:

Well, I haven't posted in over 3 weeks, and I see things are still the same. All the same people are still here. All the naysayers and all the good guys.

Talking about the same things etc.

I guess it's true what Soloman said.

Eccl 1-9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Good to see you're still here Link!!

I too believe that dreams can tell you things that are to happen.

I will pray for your wife and the prayer group.

Hang in there.

Peace,

Tam

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

dreams

I thank God for dreams for they sure have been a comfort to me. Everyman must bear his own burdens but with the help of our Lord in many ways including dreams we can make it!! peace,

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Dreams were given mostly to prophets in the OT and as warnings to the Magi, Joseph, and Mary in the NT. These situations were miraculous and unusual conditions. Once the canon was completed, I think saying we need messages from God in dreams denies the sufficiency of scripture. Do we not get enough comfort in God's words?

Are those of you who think God speaks in dreams saying that this is better than his word? How do you know it's a dream from God?

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I would say yes, due to the depth of it. It is not a common dream, it is something that is beyond just a common dream.
    I had a dream of a room full of ponsonious snakes and this one man was friends with them and went in about them. This man turned out to be a wolve in sheeps clothing without going into the gory details. I don't think that was just a dream.

8. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Link, does your wife get any clue in her dream as to when the others might come?

9. music4Him

music4Him New Member

God will speak to His people anyway He can get them to listen. In my case its by dreams and hearing Him with the still small voice and by reading the bible.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

10. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Bro. Bob,
    Dreams about serpents fall into this catagory...
    Satan; earthly, sensual wisdom; crafty and cunning; Christ made sin for us; cursed; criticism and gossip, persecution if viper; divination if python or constrictor; beguiling; drunkenness; malice; evil that is sudden; enemies; vileness of hate of the sinner. (Gen. 3: 1; 49: 17; Rev. 12: 9; 20: 2; 20: 2; Mark 3: 7; Acts 16: 16; Matt. 10: 16; John 3: 14; Prov. 23: 31-32; Ps. 58: 3-4; Ecc. 10: 8; Is. 14: 29)

BTW, I'm not no way an expert, but in case you arn't already on top of this... it might be wise to do intercessory prayer for your church, and its people, and the lost people in your area so that they won't be decived or hurt with gossipers, ect.

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying that God cannot use dreams seems to be very close to limiting God.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Serphents

Thank music4Him;
    I had no doubt what the dream was when I had it. I have not had many many dreams over the years but when I have one from God it is special and tells me something. I think the one above was warning me about a deceiver amongst us.

#52 Brother Bob, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2006
  13. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

They also fall into this category: belts, shoulderbags, ties, cheque book covers, wallets, keychains. http://www.allsnakeskin.com/

Please, we have enough trouble interpreting the Scriptures as they stand without trying to figure out a man's bedtime thoughts when he has ate too much pizza!

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I gave scripture for the meaning of the snake dream that Bro. Bob had... you provide a website! I know where your mind is at. :laugh: Also just a FYI... The bible says Holy Spirit will lead me into all truth and James 1:5 say if any man lack wisdom to ask God. Alot of people are just too lazy to search out all the things of God. But there is one thing I also learned there are several kinds of dreams and yes one is a pizza dream... Bro. Bob dream was not it was a warning.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

All I can say Ulsterman; is that you better hope it is not a dream from God after making fun of it. Who are you to question how another communicates with their Father? I can produce many Scriptures in favor of dreams, can you produce one against them? Have you never talked to God by faith? When you go to Him in prayer are you just asking Scriptures or do you ask Him to heal some sick or ease the suffering of your wife, church member or just a little child. Again, who are you. I always try to ask myself that so don't take offense at it. I say to myself all the time, "who am I to question another's Salvation or anything". peace,

#55 Brother Bob, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2006
  16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Seems to be alot of serpents and crocodiles (which is simular to serpents) in the churches here lately.

17. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

Dreams

:type:

I shall pray for you Ulsterman, that your understanding will be opened, so that you will hear more of God.

Luke 23-34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

Peace and the love of Jesus be with you,:love2:

Tam