1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dreams that feature "church music"

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Alcott, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a dream some time last week that I had forgotten until this morning when I was teaching a class, and it seemed relevant at the time.

The Geico Gecko-- you know, that little lizard that speaks with an Oxford accent in Geico ads-- was wearing a suit in church, stand behindthe podiu, and began singing,

Blessed insurance-- Geico is mine!
    I like my poker, my Stogies and wine...."

This was not the first time I had a dream in which 'church music' was something... well, besides that.
    When I was a kid, about 9 or 10, I remembered the Jack LaLanne Show on teleivision and how he ended his exercise show by singing his version of "Good Night, Laides"--

Good bye, ladies... goodbye, boys and girls.... goodbye, everyone; it's time to say goodbye.
    Happily we exercise-- exercise-- exercise-- happily we exercise... it's time--to--say-- goood-byye!"

I dreamed I was in church, and the choir, in their blue robes, came out and started singing that second line. And really, it's not entirely unfitting-- worship is an exercise (ain't it?).

Am I the only one who ever dreamed of church music in a silly context? Probably not.... ?

#1 Alcott, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016