1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drew Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Isn't it crazy how a guys career can turn for the worse and how a reputation can totally change over time. Bledsoe was the #1 pick in the 1993 NFL draft by Bill Parcells and the New England Patriots. He was once considered a future hall of fame stud but since being injured and replaced by Tom Brady in New England his rep has taken a plunge.

Bledsoe has thrown for 246 career touchdown passes and has been a pro bowl quarterback several times and took pats to the superbowl although they lost to Brett Favre and the pack. He replaced an injured Brady in the 2001 AFC championship game and led the pats to the superbowl in a win over the steelers.

I mean I am not even a huge Bledsoe fan but the guy has had a great, maybe even hall of fame career. Yes he has been hurt by interceptions and fumbles in Buffalo and Dallas, but his numbers stack up with some of the best that have ever played.

Last night on the NFL Network they showed the quarterbacks with the most 400 yard passing games and Bledso was on that list with 6 and Deion Sanders said "Why is Bledsoe on that list." It's just crazy how a guys rep can change over time.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I drafted Bledsoe in one of my fantasy leagues. If he could just find T.O. (he was still there in the fourth rnd.) once in awhile I would like that even though I don't like the Cowboys.

I remember Bledso throwing 40 passes a game cause NE had no running back. :laugh:

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point. Bledsoe definitely had several hall-worthy seasons. The question is whether he has done enough outside of those seasons to get into the HOF. I think he definitely should be on the ballot but I'm not so sure he gets in.

Deion's statement was inappropriate. But the guy was not hired for his diplomacy skills. :)

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Bledsoe has been a very solid QB for most of his career. However, he is not HOF material.