1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drinking Alcohol Poll--

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Joe, Oct 10, 2007.

?

Views on Drinking Alcohol

Poll closed Oct 20, 2007.
  1. I drink alcohol and do not consider it sin in and of itself

5.3%
  2. I drink alcohol occasionally and do not consider it a sin in and of itself

28.9%
  3. I do not drink and consider it a sin

18.4%
  4. I do not drink and don't consider it a sin in and of itself.

47.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

cola is no good for you either.

It's full of chemicals. :laugh:

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yeah, it wasn't apparent when I first saw the picture. :laugh:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you can shrink it down, it might be my new avatar :laugh:

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Yes, you are correct. :) Good Girl Bitsy!

An 8 ounce glass of RC is much worse for you than an 8 oz glass of wine. RC has nothing of value but junk like high fructose corn syrup (the worst!) caffeine, artificial flavors and colors, sugar (at last that is natural) etc...

Thanks for reminding me, I am on a Candida Cleanse anyways so I better wait until that is complete to splurge on RC.

But that one glass of wine is all it takes to lower inhibitions and ......see Bitsy dancing on the table!

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ha!

I just don't drink either one ;)

icky icky

And a cleanse huh --

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Yep, it's not pretty

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Done it before. You'll feel better when it's all over.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

So, does water. A current study said that bottled water isn't as good for us as they said it was. HMMM

I'd rather drink cola, water, milk, etc. :smilewinkgrin:

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Drink distilled water!

no flavor, no taste, but it keeps you hydrated nicely

10. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Tap water tastes fine to me.

Anyone?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It works for me :thumbs:

12. Joe

Joe New Member

Brita filtered water and Spring water in bottles usually. Tap is ok sometimes

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bottled water frauds don't get my dollars, or even my pennies, unless I'm a long way from home and really thirsty, which means water, not soda pop which makes one thirstier with it acids and salts.

14. Janet1983

Janet1983 New Member

I drink alcohol, but only rarely... I don't consider a glass of wine with a good meal a sin...

15. standingfirminChrist

God's Word says not to experience wine when it is fermented, but never mind what the Bible says, right? I mean, God must have not meant it when He inspired holy men to pen those words down, right?

Since all Scripture is given by God for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that includes the verses where God clearly tells us alcoholic beverages are forbidden.

But what does God know, right?

16. readmore

readmore New Member

That was an unnecessarily vitriolic response to a new member...

Janet, don't take that to heart... He's coming off of a recently closed, very heated argument on the subject.

17. standingfirminChrist

Regardless of where I came from, the truth is people disregard the command to abstain.

God's commands are not to be ignored readmore.

18. Magnetic Poles

You are under the false assumption that if you say something long enough, it becomes true. You add to the word of God, you show no love for your brothers & sisters. Your hateful language to your brethren need to be considered in light of 1 Corinthians 13:

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
    2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
    3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

or how about these:

1. 1 John 3:10
      This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

2. 1 John 4:20
      If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

19. standingfirminChrist

MP,

If I hated ya, I would not warn you that you were preaching a false doctrine. I would allow the lies to go on about people being allowed to drink alcohol if I hated ya. If my language was hateful, I would even tell people it was ok to drink myself as argumentively as you and others so do.

I warn out of love for people, not hatred.

God's Word commands abstinence, as I have proven time and again. There is no false assumption on my behalf. It is on the behalf of those who argue for the consumption of alcohol. Apparently their conscience is seared to where they believe the lie that God allows it. It is they who add to the Word of God... not I.

20. Magnetic Poles

SFIC, I know you are hard headed about your position, and that this is a pet belief of yours. Given what you shared about your brother, it sheds light on this. But understand, the alcohol-related illnesses he had were not from an occasional drink, but from excessive drink.

I am sorry for his self-destructive behavior, but I do believe some people are genetically bent toward addictive behavior. He may not have been in full control of what he did. Our chemical bodies drive us to do things that a rational person may not. Your belief that there is no way he escaped hell must cause you distress that I can't understand. However, God's grace is greater than any sin. We don't know your brother's heart, nor what may have occurred between him and a loving God who understands our frailties and foibles.

With that said, I pray for peace and healing for you and your family regarding this tragedy. I have not walked in your shoes, nor you in mine. I can only offer that I care, along with my prayers.

May God bless you for your devotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.