1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Drinking an alcoholic beverage could land you a job!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

It's a miracle! :thumbsup:

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

John,

Hey bro, a few things here.

One, you put too much information out about yourself online. I love you man, but you really need to exercise prudence and put an end to exposing so many details about yourself as it almost always leads to ridicule.

Secondly, there is the typical tribe who will come out and relentlessly attack you as SOON as you post ANYTHING and will do so so they can feel self-righteous about themselves. They belittle you to make themselves feel bigger and that is a fact. Hopefully you can see this yourself and will learn from this as it happens over and over.

John, why lend yourself to such abuse?

I have to ask, is it because somehow you feel persecuted and energized by it? If so, rethink your position.

Thirdly, I do believe you need to readjust your attitude toward the lost. You judge them relentlessly and then are persecuted, fired, or what have you, then come on here to complain. Judgment starts at the house of God, so please bro quit judging and condemning the lost for their language, immorality and whatever and reserve that for the House of God. They are lost, and they are doing their job as lost people. Have compassion on them, and exercise wisdom upon them as a witness for Christ and realize they won't walk right until converted, and frankly, you're trying to get them to act converted prior to their being born again and slam them for their behavior.

I sincerely hope you will in humility consider this for a LONG TIME and not come back with some defense of your person. You John are in the wrong and I say this in love to you.

- Blessings

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got a friend here John...he is telling you the unvarnished truth...best to listen to the brother :thumbs:

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can call it the Facebook mentality which is too post everything online. Yes this is not wise, and can lead to attacks and such. People like that WinMan, Mexdef, RevMitchell, Saltzer and such pry on the opportunity to criticize me. They love doing it, but perhaps I have given them too much ammunition.

Also regarding the lost can you kindly tell me what I have or have not done? I witness to the lost whenever I can, is that not compassion? I do not stand out and attack homosexuals (unlike some others) because I believe the Homosexual is just as wrong as the atheist. I am aware of lost people but I am confused as to what you mean by your statements.

The Bible clearly teaches that we will be WRONGED and will be falsely accused. Regarding my last job I have no idea what I did wrong other than holding my testimony. I did talk with some there, nor did I ever say anything to judge anyone.

#84 evangelist6589, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the FB mentality which is to post too much online. Yes people like that Winman pry on such an opportunity to criticize me. He is right I should not give Winman too much opportunity.

But his other comments I am not sure I understand. If I lacked compassion I would not be out witnessing but would act like many Christians whom want to stay separated in their churches and have no compassion to reach the lost in their cities.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I know you don't like what I have to say, but I speak from experience. In you, I see myself 35 years ago. Didn't have this outlet then, but I did have some men who took me aside and taught me some cold hard facts of life.

I could easily make excuses for myself- I'm legally deaf. My wife and I could live off of SS like so many do. But I want more out of my life.

I've been in debt before- over $16,000 in debt. Paid every penny of it off- without going bankrupt. Yeah, we had to work two or three jobs, didn't get a lot of rest, but by the grace of God we got it done.

I'm just saying- making excuses, saying, "I won't", blaming others, never got anyone anywhere.

I did take time to pray for you this morning as I wrote to you. The Lord convicted me that if I am going to be hard on you then I should pray for you- so I did.

I have never written a word here to you that I have not spoken to my two sons at one time or another. And they thank me for it often.

Be blessed.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The simple fact is that life is hard and to deal with it. Perhaps I make excuses or complain too much. Perhaps I should not do this. WebDog does not do this and he has had to face more than me.

8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

So I've been put on your bad boy list. I remember when I first came on here and was told how stupid I was and I couldn't spell, and I was a legalist. All this was done in the name of " Iron shapeneth iron" yea right. There is very little love on this board and if a person is not careful they will get caught up in it. evangelist, I hope you can find work but you have been given good advice.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly what I've been saying and it's a shame. Makes you wonder because God says 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35

The nasty, funky attitudes that pervade this place just because people disagree with each other is crazy.:1_grouphug:

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's crazy is all the complaining about the "nasty, funky attitudes"...and yet, y'all keep coming back.

Hmm.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I deal with nasty, funky attituded bullies all the time. Bullies expect you to run off with your tail between your legs. But DO trust that the Jesus Christ in me can handle anything the folks with the nasty, funky attitudes on here can dish out.

Jesus endured the insults and pain all the way to the Cross, so I know He can handle the 'tudes on here.[​IMG]

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Why did you slam my Brother with this post? All he made was a simple statement, and you then called it "Arminians are big on self-help and self-fulfillment philosphy", which wasn't what he saying, not in the least. Look, we can be unemployed, and really needing a job, and continually pray to God that we need a job, but we must be out pounding the pavement looking, as well. I never found a job sitting at home. Every job God blessed me with, I was looking for work at that time. It may not have been the "dream job", but it sure made my wallet happy. I have only been unemployed for about 4.5-5 months since 1996. And during that time, I had saved up some $$$ because I was doing my clinicals and was working 32 hours a week training.....and the work was free.......they didn't have to pay me a dime. So, eventhough I wasn't employed, I was still working. I agree that it takes God to bless us with a job, but we must take the initiative to go looking for it.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ski bum land

14. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Nowhere do I find drinking alcoholic beverages condemned or forbidden in scripture, drunkenness yes, Eating is not forbidden but gluttony is.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I am looking everyday for a job but I do not think its a good idea to take a job that takes me away from church or the family all the time. Plenty of 1st shift jobs around here and I had a interview for another one yesterday and guess what? Alcohol never came up as the employer did not get as personal and was just focused on my "skills and experiences" as should be expected on a interview. I have had interviews where they get personal and so each is different. But people on this board that bring accusations are in the wrong for making that assumption. I have had enough interviews in my day to realize that not everyone thinks the same. Some are only concerned about my skills, and others about my personality.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not know my background man. I have worked for the last 6 years without getting terminated from a job. Its a free market and sometimes places will axe you if they do not like you, or if you do not fit into the team. I know that you think the entire job market revolves around the way your company operates or your experiences but this is not so.

I am looking for a job everyday man and am striving for the right fit. My past job was not for several reasons and one major one was that they wanted me there 60-70 hours a week of which I was not willing to give as I have church and a family. So when I interview at jobs in the future I try and make sure I have found the right fit before I take it.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a difference between "running off with your tail between your legs" and simply getting out of the cess pool.

The way you talk about most of the people on this board, one has to wonder why you continue to swim....

-----
    Sorry for the detour, folks.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And wouldn't a 4 year stint in any branch of military service make a difference!

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Don, I know you want me gone. But I'm not going anywhere unless God says to. I'm in a cess pool world that's going down the toilet. One just expects that the people of God would be different.

That's like wondering why any Christian missionary continues to preach in the United States.

I get that you're in that group of folks who don't like anyone calling the mess on this board what it is. All this rancor amongst God's people over stuff that doesn't eternally matter just because folks have a different POV. It's shameful.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least here they criticize you. On FB what they do is not say anything and then silently back-stab by unfriending you.