1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DRIVE conference (North Point Community Church)

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rbell, Mar 31, 2011.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Anyone attend this conference this week in Atlanta?

NPCC is Andy Stanley's church. Their conference, called "Drive," is put on every year.

Our ministry staff (minus one of us) attended, and found it to be an excellent resource as well as a time of refreshing.

Anyone else go? Your thoughts?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We didn't. We've been limited in our conferences due to money but our pastors are in Pennsylvania at a friend's church who is simulcasting the "Elephant Room" today. They left last night and the men have to pay for their own hotel ($50 each or $100 if they want their own room). They are staying at Willow Valley. But otherwise, we've not done a conference in forever.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't attend for two reasons: Andy and Stanley.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While I didn't go to Drive this week I have been in the past. It is a great conference.

One of the things that I love about the conference is it focuses intentionally on ministry while not being distracted by big name speakers. It is one of the most practical ministry based conferences I've ever been to and I'm glad you got to go.

I really appreciate Andy Stanley's ministry at Northpoint. He has contributed greatly to the revitalization of the leading edge evangelical ministries in North America. I think he does this from a position of humility (what I've seen) and grace.

Drive is an immensely helpful conference. If nothing it fills our minds with ideas about how we can fulfill our calling better and with more focus. :)

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

PiJ, I echo your kudos about the practicality of it, coupled with the lack of a "Look at us! We've done it best!" mentality that is easy for a large church to have.

I enjoyed it immensely...and was very inspired by what was said.

One of the main sessions in which Andy Stanley spoke--his thrust was about making the text central to the sermon...and that much of the time, our sermon prep and delivery is far too much about us.

It was excellent...and from that, it was obvious to me that A.S. wants Scripture to be central to their worship service, message, etc.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'll probably regret this, and at the risk of derailing the thread from its original purpose...what issues do you have with him?