1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DTS Schools/ Missions Abroad

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by girlforchrist, Feb 27, 2003.

1. I am a 17 yr old female, and a junior in high school. I've resently decided to become a missionary. I'm going to go to school and travel around the world leading others to salavation...and I'd like others opinions to this, and information if possible.

2. Padre Bob

Padre Bob New Member

GFC, I'm surprised no one has responded to your post. I can't think of anything better that one could spend their life on than bringing salvation to the world. Missionaries are a special breed of Christian. [​IMG] Follow where Christ leads and your life will be a spiritual success.

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hello Girl for Christ,

If you are a Southern Baptist (because tuition is cheaper if you are SBC) you may want to check out the new Missions degree that is just about to go into effect at Southeastern College at Wake Forest. That is the college that shares the campus with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I believe that they are calling it the 2 + 3 program. That means that you spend 2 years in college here in Wake Forest, NC and 3 years on the mission field working with International Mission Board missionaries in church planting. Be sure to visit the SECWF website link

4. Anthro

Anthro New Member

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

To quote a common phrase, "You go, girl"!

I know the church where you attend, and I am sure that your pastor and others will have good counsel for you.

Going to a good Bible College will be very beneficial in many ways. The Bible training, missions training and missions history will help develop your skills and gifts. The friendships that you make will last a lifetime! (And may be even find a husband with the same calling!)
    Find a college that has a good track record in training and sending missionaries. There are many, and one that has a very good record is Baptist Bible College, in Springfield, Mo., just @ 300 miles from you - so you will be able to get home on occaision. It is an Independent Baptist college, and I see that you are Southern Baptist. But check it out anyway. Can't hurt to look! [​IMG]