1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DTS's PhD Program

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Apr 7, 2007.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Done no wrong

Geek, you’re right—you did misunderstand. I used scope and sequence in the technical sense as commonly used in education, which is my field. I would say that “I’m sorry that you were offended by my comments” but that wouldn’t be honest and sincere. So, I will not pretend and lie even though it would be the politically correct thing to do.

From my point of view, I never intended to be offensive and most certainly I never addressed my comments toward you because I didn’t even know that you existed. I have done no offense against you by having my own opinion. You took my general comments personally and applied them to your situation. That’s your problem, not mine. I don’t know if they’re applicable or not because I really don’t know anything about you.

Furthermore, you are making unsubstantiated charges against me for which you have absolutely no basis. How can you piously justify the following statement? You said, “It shows prejudice, lack of understanding, and refusal to see God do something that you don't like or understand.” Now, please tell me how you know this? It was not by careful research, rational thinking or scholarly analysis. Do you have a crystal ball? Can you read my mind?

As for my expressed opinions, I stand pat. After all, I probably have twenty-five to thirty years experience on you and a couple of doctoral programs. As I've grown older, I have come to value goodness and character in a man more than his intelligence or education. Education is very important (I am an educator who argues for the highest standards) but it is must be viewed in its proper place. A doctorate is not the sine qua non of life.

Finally, be at peace, brother. I have done you no wrong.

#21 paidagogos, Apr 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007