1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dubya's Down Under lapdog gone

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Pete, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

Rudd is next Oz P.M.

We got rid of the little idiot and his bunch....and got the other idiot and his bunch :tonofbricks::BangHead:

Now excuse me, I have to go out and hug some trees before Kev makes it law :rolleyes:

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well let's hope Rudd doesn't agree with any of Bush's policies, otherwise we'll have to dub him a lapdog also. Bon Voyage to the Oz troops in Iraq. Their help has been appreciated.

3. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

What? Looks like you swapped a bush hugger for a tree hugger!:laugh:

4. Pete

Pete New Member

Ulsterman, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm just soooooo mad right now because I didn't think of that line...Will be passing that one around :wavey:

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I'll tell you what...well take Rudd and give you Pelosi and Reid in exhange; deal!?!?!

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thankfully the election is finished and Johnny and his clot of mates have been replaced by the Ruddski and his gang of clots...at least he is a Queenslander so some sanity may prevail until he is corrupted by the southerners.........:laugh: :tonofbricks:

7. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean we've had the election ?????

Maybe the papers will be worth reading again ....

Regards
    Bob

8. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The news media here are reporting that Kev's a Christian - any of our Ozzie mates got any more info on that (Ie: what sort of a Christian, which denomination, how this stacks up with his voting record on ethical and moral issue etc)?

9. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's Anglican, (same brand as John Howard was/is) I'm persuaded that his christianity s real, his words and actions do point towards it. the link is to an address he gave a couple of years ago, before he became leader of the ALP, before he became Aus PM.

http://www.wesleymission.org.au/releases/May05/050530c.asp

From the above link, Kevin speaking - "This morning in Brisbane at our local Anglican church we sang three hymns by Wesley. Remember Wesley always claimed he died an Anglican. A premonition perhaps of my coming here tonight, but I doubt it. The last hymn we sang was And Can it Be, the battle hymn of Methodism. I think it has become the battle hymn of Christianity. My favourite verse in my favourite hymn runs like this: “When I defused a quickening ray I woke the dungeon flamed with light. My chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose, went forth and followed thee…”

Regards
    Bob

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's encouraging, thanks! Is he what we in the Anglican Communion would call a 'Sydney Anglican' or 'Jensenist'?

11. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's from Queensland .. they are different up there (just ask Briony .. ;) ) and is a thousand km from Sydney. I'm fairly sure he's more in the gerneral stream of Anglicans, not as evangelical as the Sydney Anglicans.

Around Aus there is a quite wide range of Anglicans, from the evangelical to the Anglo-Catholic, to the liberals, to the social club , and the C & E ones. - and those who are Anglican because Aus is a christian country - so they must be anglican as they don't go to church ... The Anglicans are the second largest of the christian churches in Aus, after the RC's.

Regards
    Bob