1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dumb CPS reports!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/08/parent-angered-louisiana-schools-report-lunch/?test=latestnews

That is SO insane! Spend more, report parents for being poor?

I'm guessing those teachers would rather pay in the majority of cases than see the kids reported to DHS.

And not all kids need lunch or have that custom at home.

My kids grew up the first part of their lives eating two meals a day and little stuff in between. That was our lifestyle. Lunch wasn't a part of it and it was how my then-husband grew up. Big breakfast, no lunch (but usually something snackish) and an early dinner. Early dinners give your body time to rest at night since it's not trying to digest. My second daughter still does best when she eats later breakfast and an earlier dinner, although it's not as easy a blended family now. (they do the typical three meals and snacks thing)

There is no respect for cultural differences, no exceptions for being poor? There's nothing wrong with two meals a day. Why are people so bent on believing a kid will starve if they don't have three full meals and snacks and desserts on top of it? It's not like they're out working and such anymore, half their time is sitting in a chair in school and the rest is television and video games for the most part.
    If they were out milking cows or doing physical work that would be different, but most kids think they're overworked if you ask them to take out the trash. I can't tell you how many whine like it's the end of the world if I ask a student to pick up a stray piece of paper and toss it in the garbage if it isn't their own paper, and even if it is! It's the end of the world for them to move three feet if they don't have to!

Why don't they just stay out of people's lives? I swear, nobody in leadership in this country know what real abuse is. They ignore the real stuff and waste time and money on these stupid things.

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

LOL, we already have policies like this in my district. No child(in elementary school) goes hungry for lack of lunch money.

My youngest was the world's worst at not taking in her lunch check. We had this fine system where I could write a $40 check on the first of the month and not deal with lunch money again. Only she habitually would leave her check sitting on the table instead of putting it into her planner. One morning I handed her the check, put it IN HER HAND and later in the morning got a call "mom, I left my check..." ggggrrrr! So I told her she could go hungry. Next morning same thing, only that morning I had to into the school for something else so I carried the check in myself and told the lunch lady to let Jen go hungry again that day.

The lunch lady gave me this incredulous look, like I should have known better, and told me that my child hadn't gone hungry the day before, nor were they allowed to let her go hungry EVEN IF I TOLD THEM TO DO IT! Jen was in 4th grade!! How was she supposed to learn responsibility if the natural consequence of forgetting her lunch money was removed from her experience??

Sigh, I love people who think they know my child better than I do. Really. NOT!

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Some people consider themselves to be "experts" on a subject and then believe they have the "one answer fits all". Everyone has their own way of doing things--including meals. I eat 5-6 times a day and at no particular time. I eat small meals or snacks--mostly sugar-free. When I'm hungry I eat; I don't go by the clock.