1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dusty Baker has Pitcher Throw at a Batter for 3 Year Old Incident?!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by InTheLight, Jun 14, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that Dusty Baker still has no clue as to how to manage a pitching staff. For retaliation he pitches inside, rather than hit the guy?!
    -------------

CINCINNATI -- An inside pitch to Indians starter Derek Lowe -- and comments he made afterward about Dusty Baker -- have the Reds manager riled up.

Cincinnati starter Mat Latos threw an inside fastball to Lowe during the fifth inning of Cincinnati's 5-3 win on Wednesday night. Lowe gestured toward Baker, who shook his finger back at him. Lowe hit Brandon Phillips with a pitch in the bottom of the inning, and both benches were warned.

Lowe suggested the inside fastball was a payback for a personal issue between him and Baker from a few years ago that he wouldn't talk about specifically. He said that Baker would deny it.

Lowe said he has "zero respect for the guy," and suggested reporters should ask Baker about the matter.

Baker became angry when addressing Lowe's comments before the final game of the intrastate series on Wednesday, saying the pitcher had it wrong.

"He don't respect himself because the word was that whatever he did and said, there was probably a good chance he was drinking at the ballpark at that time three or four years ago, so he don't remember what he said or what he did, OK?" Baker said with an edge to his voice.

Baker acknowledged having Latos throw inside to Lowe, but said it didn't involve any personal issue between the two of them. Rather, it was retaliation for Lowe hitting Joey Votto in the back during a game in 2009 at Great American Ball Park, when Lowe was with Atlanta. Players from both teams were hit during that series.

"I'm not denying nothing," Baker said. "I didn't order anybody to hit him, but I told him to buzz him and make him uncomfortable. That's what happened. Understand what I'm saying? Nobody hit him. But then he hit our guy.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...r-riled-comments-cleveland-indians-derek-lowe

#1 InTheLight, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012