1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E-Sword

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by DeafChristian, Jun 21, 2003.

1. I already have several "hard copies" of the Bible.....one is a NIV New Testament, one is a Quest Study Bible NIV (this I use the most -- complete with tabs that I put on it), about 2 or 3 are King James Versions, and one is "The Message" which is read like a storybook.
    Tonight, I downloaded a free Bible software for my COMPUTER called "E-Sword". This has KJV with Strong's Numbers included...so I added a Bible enclyopedia, charts and maps, and "The Message" Bible in this program after I installed the program.
    I really love it! [​IMG] I tried it out and you can actually compare the KJV verses with the "Message" verses, and I even read it both versions at the same time which makes it interesting.
    You can actually pick out your own Bible versions that you like...like Basic English for the Bible, Bibles written in Greek, Hebrews, etc., and you can install them in this program. I only picked "The Message" because it is easier to read when I compare it with the King James Version that is installed with this program. <smile>
    Everything's free...so try it out in the link below! [​IMG]
    Go to this link: http://www.e-sword.net/index.html

God bless,
    Nancy [​IMG]

2. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    e-sword is good. i've been using it for almost half a year now. i think it was also hear that i first learned of it.

i suggest downloading all features offered there. it will be much helpful.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better yet, why not drop a couple of dollars and contribute to the site. You'll receive a CD with the whole program.

Rob

4. Sularis

Sularis Member

I still use online Bible

for me it is superior

5. kman

kman New Member

I've been using e-sword for a couple of years.

Excellent! I bought the NASB download module
    as well.

-kman

6. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is something neat I found for e-Sword. Go to this site: http://www.dnspad.com/files/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=1

This site is the unofficial add-ons download site for e-Sword tools (third party developed tools). There is a program called, BibleImporter. Download this program and it will allow you to download any version of the scriptures from: BibleGateway.com, Crosswalk.com, or Diatheke.com. I have been able to add the ESV and the NIV, among many others, to my copy of e-Sword.

The author of this utility states that he has checked the legality of it and it appears to be legal as long as you use it for your own personal use and do not profit financially from it.

Anyways, enjoy.

7. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

8. Pastork

Pastork New Member

Mesley,

Thanks for the information about the other site with additional e-Sword resources. I posted the information the the 'Best Freeware' thread as well. [​IMG]