1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E.V. Hill passes away

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by go2church, Feb 27, 2003.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    E.V. Hill story

I had the oy of getting to hear him preach a few years ago, still have the notes in the back of my bible.

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

He was good evangelist. I heard him preach several times at Promise Keepers. I can still hear him, in my mind, saying "...and I cling to the CROSS!" I also heard his testamony on Focus on the Family regarding his dedication to his wife while she was fighting cancer. He will be greatly missed. [​IMG] My prayers are with his family.

3. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

E.V. Hill's sermon at his first wife's funeral is a classic that every preacher should hear. I still hear Hill's memorable testimonial words of God's sovereignty repeated in my head during times of uncertainty: "Trust me. Trust me."

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I heard him preach at a past Mississippi Baptist Convention--several years ago.

Still remember some of what he said--went something like this--

Hill--"Black preachers ask me all the time why I don't have any women on the side like they do! Why do I stick with just my wife! So I tell them, 'Why should I have to steal a Volkswagan when I drive a Cadillac??'!!!!"

One of black Baptist's best--kickin' up gold dust on the streets of Glory!

Your Southern Baptist preachin' buddy,
    Blackbird

5. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Thanks for sharing this about Dr. Hill I truly loved his preaching. His testimony about how his mother sent him to college with very little money but the promise that she would be praying for him is wonderful. Does anybody have a transcript?
    Murph

6. atestring

atestring New Member

Brother Hill fought a good fight , he kept the faith, and he finished his course. Now there is laid up for him a crown of righteousness which he has now recieved.