1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Early Portrait of Christ....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by WestminsterMan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Took me a second to realize what we were looking at. Then I saw the guys picture and remembered these are part of the lead codices that nearly every reasonable authority is considering fakes. They aren't authentic and have some significant historical problems. As a whole the lead codices are considered, world-wide, to be fraudlent and have been pretty widely disupted. They aren't credible.

But don't take my word for it. Check out Larry Hurtado's blog, he is a world class scholar on primitive Christianity. Also see Ben Witherington's blog and several others they both link to (I'm thinking NT Resources with Rod Decker and BiblePlaces or PaleoJudaica blogs.) All of these are academicians who have interacted with the topic.

The evidence just isn't there and how they were "found" is questionable. The article gets into this a bit, but given its dating of April 2, 2011, the work hadn't fully gotten out.

Thanks for the link. :)

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian