1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Easier to believe....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by steveo, Feb 5, 2004.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Job 24:22

KJV
    He draweth also the mighty with his power: he riseth up, and no [man] is sure of life.

NKJV
    But God draws the mighty away with His power; He rises up, but no man is sure of life.

NASB
    But He drags off the valiant by His power; He rises, but no one has assurance of life.

RSV
    Yet God prolongs the life of the mighty by his power; they rise up when they despair of life.

What is your point?

My point is that you CANNOT prove your thesis.

You used the words “I believe”, the words following it are a statement of faith.

You need to accept the fact that you have put your faith in God as having used the Byzantines and Masoretes as His instruments in the preservation of His Word.

Just because someone else puts their faith in God as having used Alexandrians and/or W/H as His instruments gives you no right to belittle your brother with oblique insults and innuendo.

While I might agree with your thesis as to God’s choice of human instruments, frankly and IMO your style of delivery dear brother lacks compassion.

HankD

[ February 09, 2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: HankD ]

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally posted by QuickeningSpirit:
    "No, Cranston, I know the AV 1611 KJB is right, and you or anyone else has yet to prove it wrong."

Already been done, plain as day.

"Oh, yeah, except for all those GREAT BIG spelling and typographical mistakes yall keep parading over your Christianity."

I would hope YOUR Christianity is the same as mine

"It never ceases to amaze me how yall keep using the Greek to try and dispute what the KJB already says in English that came from the Greek that says the same thing as the KJB."

Wyclif, Tyndale, Coverdale, etc. said it first. The AV differs from them. Therefore Bancroft & Co. musta made a few...alterations?...

"Has anyone ever tried to explain what it is like to bang your head against a wall and how futile it is? Obviously not."

Why explain it? The KJVO is already expert at it & I'm not intending to do it.

"Just remember, God built this wall, AV 1611 KJB, and uses it for the defense of His People in His Holy City! ;) "

Seems as if He had the Jews use a coupla choppers & a rocket last week to defend those He's called His people. And I don't believe the AV 1611 has a very wide readership in the city God called holy-Jerusalem.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you referring to error content? The KJV most certainly contains errors. One example is the KJV uses of the word "brass" in the OT. Brass is a post-OT invention. The folks in the OT used bronze. The Hebrew word "nchosheth" is bronze. The KJV incorrectly translated it as "brass".

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

I am sorry but your information is incorrect. The word "brass" is defined, historically, as "the general name for all alloys of copper with tin or zinc (and occasionally other base metals). To distinguish alloys of copper and tin, the name BRONZE has recently been adopted." The word BRONZE to indicate the copper tin alloy was not generally used until after 1755. Until that time "brass" was used to indicate all alloys of copper. [​IMG]