1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Easter

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Walls, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Walls

Walls New Member

In the Bible if you do a word search on remnant, you will find that only a small portion will be saved in the last days. It has to do with the great falling away. Generation by generation, we have strayed from truth and fundamentals, even among IFBs. It is very interesting, if you study it out. The purpose of this thread was to determine why the Waldensians wouldn't take part in what is called Easter. Did they know something we do not?

2. Walls

Walls New Member

I am asking the moderator of this thread to close it seeings how noone has anymore information pertaining to the topic.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I happen to know what the word remnant means. But I did ask what you meant in context of calenders, or this thread as a whole.
    Either if we celebrate easter, we are not the 'remnant' that will be saved, or is it calenders, if you use a calender you won't be saved?
    Easter or calender? Which are you speaking about?
    All I'm asking is to understand exactly what your saying, since the post before yours that you are responding to is about both.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

You said you homeschool, do your children know how to use the calender everyone else uses?

5. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

Easter or calender? Which are you speaking about?
    All I'm asking is to understand exactly what your saying, since the post before yours that you are responding to is about both.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Walls is asking about the stand the Waldensians took on Easter. It is often, if not wholly celebrated with pagan beliefs and after pagan rituals. Calendars, the names of the months and days of the week, are also pagan based because of the names used. Walls has chosen to seperate herself from the pagan use of these things, as did the Waldensians. There is no question of why she should or should not practice these things, but that she would like to know more about those in history, namely the Waldensians, of their practices and beliefs and the reasons behind them.

This conversation led to the falling away from seperation, or the partaking of the things of the world, and it's possible leading to the falling away, which also can be a plausible explanation of why there will be a remnant in the end. Simple to follow.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Topic closed at the originator's request.