1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Easy-beievism"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's draw the line and drop all pretenses to "brotherhood" and "brethren-in-Christ" yadayada.
    There are Calvinists, and there are those who believe LIKE Calvinists do, on this board.
    Calvinists naturally like to define things according to their perspectives, and their counterparts do the same.
    If you all don't like it, then BAN ALL CALVINISTS AND THOSE WHO HOLD TO THE DOCTRINE OF GRACE FROM ALL DISCUSSIONS, but be men about it, instead of crying "derailment" when it is reasonable on their part to define things, like "easy believeism" according to how they understand the word "believe" and everything that comes before and after it.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How did you, as a Christian, come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour? When did you trust or believe on Him?

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy-believism is the evangelism of the modern church. It teaches that all one needs to do is say a simple prayer and have no true conversion as a result of it and no transformed life. True converts will show fruit of a true conversion, while the easy-believism gospel does not advocate fruit. Those that preach a easy-believism message do not emphasize the LAW, sin, hell, judgment, and repentance. They preach that one can come to Christ to transform and give one a wonderful life and a plan, without the need to fully repent from sin.

Submitting to the LORDSHIP OF CHRIST is not a human work, but a spiritual work that only God can do. Those that preach the true gospel do not separate sanctification, from justification. However the easy-believism message does not emphasize Sanctification or Regeneration at all, but only IMPUTATION, AND JUSTIFICATION.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you suggest that the magical prayer is how one gets saved and one needs no fruit or true conversion? In other words Regeneration and Sanctification are boring theological words with no business in a gospel presentation?

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even the demons believe and tremble (James). The demons are not atheists and if you recall were the only true believers of Christ during his earthy ministry at first. However they had the wrong faith and only knew Christ intellectually, but had no business with him.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Salvation and sanctification are two different things.
    We often know a person is saved by their fruit. That fruit is evident because the believer is going through a process of sanctification. The fruit of the believer, and the process of sanctification, ought to be kept separate from one's salvation, or justification.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God.
    We are justified by faith. How? "By faith."
    What kind of faith?
    What is the difference between "easy-believism faith" and "saving faith"?

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What????? You know many dislike Dr. Graham, but David Jeremiah and Erwin Lutzer speak well of him. It seems many on the more Reformed side dislike him. I heard him speak several times in 1997 when he visited the SF Bay Area. I don't recall him preaching an "easy-believism" message from my recollection of him at that time. However I wonder if I could watch that crusade again if I can find the videos online, and YouTube did not exist in 1997.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother we should be kind to those that disagree with us. Arminian need to not be insulted personally, only their views need to be exposed.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this include all the debates here on Alcoholic beverages?

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they can have an emotional experience for a moment and then a month or year later can walk away and show no evidence of true conversion?

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No they are not. One God declares the sinner righteous, and the other is the process in life being separated from sin and made holy.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin??? Do you believe in original sin? Maybe I misunderstood you, but did you not argue that man was not born with a sin nature, but only became a sinner after his first sin?

Psalm 58:3 (KJV)
    The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

#52 evangelist6589, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some authors argue that our fruit and works only earns us rewards in Heaven and true obedient will inherit heaven, while the disobedient and those not walking in the spirit will only enter heaven, but will not inherit it. They may in other words live in a shack and have no mansion or great glory in Heaven.

However I am confused as to how someone whom does not walk with the Lord and lives for the flesh could enter heaven just for saying a prayer. and having an experience when he was 15 years old.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is different from the "modern church" and Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved ?

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1Cor.3:11-15 describes the scene where believers will suffer a loss of reward or a gain of reward. The picture is one of wood, hay and stubble, vs. gold, silver and precious stones. This picture is far more accurate then the figurative picture that Jesus gives in John 14 of a mansion (which isn't an accurate term in the KJV).
    First he may not be saved.
    Second, he may be backslidden (a term many do not like here).
    The fact is that we don't know the heart; only God does. It is our business to deal with such a person on a one to one basis whatever his spiritual need may be. May the Lord direct us as we counsel such individuals that we might be wise in the Scriptures and filled with the Spirit to lead them to Christ and a life of obedience.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even the demons believe. Is that al it takes? No one must understand what the word believe means according to the greek and culture context of the Bible.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Paul was wrong?

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why are you twisting this? Everyone knows what easy believism is, so naturally the question addresses Saltys 3rd sentence.Who are you to pronounce what is off topic? it is a contrast of true God given faith/belief...vs the fleshly human trust that is emotionally based and not spiritual.

19. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    thisnumbersdisconnected

This speaks to the cause....[Salvation simply comes by]
    This statement speaks to it directly:thumbs:

20. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said any of that. Unless I'm mistaken, until today I have not said a word on my beliefs regarding this subject, so you don't know what I believe.

I'm not and never have been a calvinist (nor an arminian, if I understand the definition correctly), but for what it's worth I agree with the reply you gave to the OP. There needs to be a real change of heart. James tells us that works are evidence of salvation.

I also agree with Winman's posts. I don't believe there's anything hard about getting "saved", if one is sincere and drawn by the Spirit. But those are two things that only the person being drawn can know for sure.

#60 evenifigoalone, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014