1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Easy-Believism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Give me a break Willis, I just described trusting Christ as letting a lawyer handle your case, you sit there and don't say a word, and now you are telling me I was saying you get all involved and argue the case???????

Go back and read what I said again, you read the exact opposite of what I really wrote.

And I guess you think an unconscious person lying on an operating table is also performing his own surgery???

Like I said Willis, there is no way we can agree.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No, Brother Wes. We don't work to garner salvation. God does the work for us. He quickens, He draws, He sends the gospel, He causes us to believe. It's 100% Him and 0% us....

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."(Eph. 2:8-10)

"But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ."(2 Thess. 2:13,14)

Jer. 31:18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

#22 convicted1, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, do you not agree that believing on Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is a work of God?

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You're as consistent as an linear equation, Brother Dave!! :smilewinkgrin:

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, well said.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There a various degrees of easy-believism and not all of them are the same. But yes no question lots of goats among the flock.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you quote DA Carson and like Warren at the same time?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Warren is not what you make him out to be. It is real easy to ride your high horse from a distance and judge people. Until you have been there at his church you don't really know anything about him. Your judgment of him is not Christian behavior.

#29 Revmitchell, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously??? I have read his Purpose Driven book and he gets much wrong in that book and in his ministry. For starters what is Warren's view on homosexuality? Is it sinful? Second what does Warren think of Islam?

11. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Rev,

It is one thing to critique Warren and his Saddleback church and another to critique his invasion of the church through his many how-to-books and website that has affected thousands of pastors. He is on a high horse riding throughout our world spreading his easy believism, so yes we can criticize him. I'm glad to be in the number that stand against his PD programs that have ruined many churches. I'm sorry you cannot see this Rev as a danger to the church.

12. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

13. quantumfaith

Actually, there are inconsistent linear equations, especially when you have a system of linear equations.

I hope you do not take offense when I register my "likes" and appreciation of comments. If I were rhetorically gifted in the theological domain, I would make attempts to elaborate.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exactly. The false teaches must be opposed and exposed. If I was in his area I would visit the church and attempt to reason with him. If they rejected me I would then open air preach on their campus.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What do you have to contribute here? But in this case I would rather be in a Andy Stanley church over a warren church. But neither is a good choice. I sure wish the son would learn from the father whom preached on HELL JUDGMENT SIN AND DAMNATION AND REPENTANCE.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

You're living on the wrong side of the state, then, Rick. They are numerous over here. Either that, you have a misconception about what is taught in many churches.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What state?

19. quantumfaith

"What do you have to contribute here"??? Are you looking to provoke me Evang? hopefully I am just reading incorrectly? Please let me know

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist