1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eating Crow at Restaurants?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In regard to a post I made on my own post titled: "Major Restaurants Remove Christmas Spirit" I present the following.....

First, and foremost, for me to be lying about the info I presented in my post about the ACLU and the church would mean that I set out to "intentionally" fabricate the info I used, which I didn't!.

As I said before, if my info is faulty, I will be the first to admit this and take the "hit." The basis of my post was to warn the church that the next step would be the efforts of such agencies to represent private parties in removing crosses from the local churches. I know that I heard [or read] this possibility somewhere, and using it was not an intentional act of deception to support my warning.

It is always easy for folks like MP to sit behind their PC and accuse others of intentionally misleading those on the board, but, proving it is another matter. His accusations are nothing more than an attempt to assasinate another person's character [and that is not what Jesus would do].

Personally, I don't disagree wit his post and challenge....I just believe he could have reacted more like a believer, and less like a person of the world he claims to be set apart from through Jesus. However, MP should never forget that a misquote is a long, long way from intentionally using information to support a personal post.

MP is way out of line for using "vile" words of judgment regarding the intent of another member. I am not debating this issue with MP because, as he says "You got caught, and don't like it." I am calling him for the manner in which he 'called' me out.

IMHO, MP was wrong for taking his argument up to a level that involved name calling, which does not reflect Jesus.IMHO, Jesus would not have handled this issue the way MP did. For example, when Peter spoke out and claimed to his peers (and Jesus) that "He'd never deny" Jesus. You didn't hear Jesus call him a lier. And you didn't hear Jesus call Peter a lier following his resurrection

My accusation about the ACLU going after private churches was in error, but the error could have been addressed more gracefully, and not so confrontational. It is public fact that ACLU is actively involved in making public agencies remove any symbols that reflect Jesus; and, in hindsight, I realize I should have said "that IMHO, the church is not far behind."

In closing, MP is accountable to the Lord for his harsh approach toward my post, but, all I can do is forgive him. However, I need to point out that BB members must never forget that their words [as do mine] can cause others to stumble. Thus, we all need to think before we write. I learned this lesson when I first came on the BB. I mis-spoke, and I am very sorry for the words I spoke.

I really didn't expect my post to draw so much venom and ire, and if I offended any one on this forum with my post about the ACLU and churches, I am truly sorry. I am a person that would not set out to intentionally mislead any one with my posts. I am not angry that this brother called me on this error, I am upset with the tone in which he called me on this issue. I have never been, and never will be an unrepentant lier. And in truth, this brother owes me an apology, but, like several others on this BB, I'll probably never get an apology, so I'll glory in the fact that Jesus loves him as much as He loves me.​

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's stop this right here. :(

Deal with the offending thread and perceived hurt. Don't start another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.