1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ecumenical

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by msinave, Apr 21, 2005.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

Soulman
    "Baptists dispite our differences stand for the good things in life. Love of country"
    "
    Patriotism is an important part of baptist values?
    Mmm... my church must be doing something wrong in that respect.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes it is difficult to discern who is actually being used of the Lord as a human instrument in doing His will or one who opposes Him. So, I personally forget the "pharisees", because they cloud the thought process.

I Prioritize for whom there is a hope of conviction and correction, especially Catholics whose faith may be defective being focused upon someone other than Jesus Christ, God come in the flesh.

There is no hope in any other than Jesus Christ.

Luke 11
    27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
    28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

If there is to be severe condemnation for Rome and I believe there will be, indeed it will be from God and most likely focused upon the hierarchy of Rome with their corrupted dogma and evil deeds.

HankD

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

mioque: Patriotism is an important part of baptist values?
    Mmm... my church must be doing something wrong in that respect.

With all of it's flaws the U.S. is still the best country in the world to live. Patriotisim comes natural to us as strongly as any christian value. We fight amongst ourselves but love our nation. We will fight to the death to defend it and have done so many times in the past. You talk about unity? NO other country has the spirit of unity greater than Americas when the chips are down! The world should be blessed that the U.S. is the world super power and not someone like Russia. As wrong as we sometimes are, we care about the world around us.

If America is to be judged and she will be, how much more will everyone else?

4. mioque

mioque New Member

"Patriotisim comes natural to us as strongly as any christian value."
    "
    But it isn't one. [​IMG]

5. Soulman

Soulman New Member

And your point is?

6. mioque

mioque New Member

That you are just as tempted to add unneeded baggage to Christianity as any medieval monk.
    Your baggage is much less destructive in my eyes than his is.
    But if I was one of those Christians who places a lot of value on the notion that this world is not our home, Heaven is...
    I might decide that Ecumenical contact with you (or to use your terminology fellowshipping) is a very bad idea. A kneefall to the coming one world religion.

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Patriotism has no relationship to Christianity. God will NOT judge America. God will judge Americans individually in EXACTLY the same way he will judge everyone else.

8. Soulman

Soulman New Member

By mioqueThat you are just as tempted to add unneeded baggage to Christianity as any medieval monk.

I never meant to say it was a part of being baptist. Patriotisim is just one of those things most americans do. I will choose my words more carefully.

9. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Mioque,
    Thatlittle rabbit trail served as a distraction and had nothing to do with the argument I presented or the subject at hand.

10. mioque

mioque New Member

Soulman

"I never meant to say it was a part of being baptist. Patriotisim is just one of those things most americans do"
    "
    You mean it's one of those reasons it would grossly unfair for other Americans to start persecuting baptist Americans? As by this earlier statement of yours?

"Nailing us for being hateful and intolerant. They are the one that will be intolerant.
    Baptists dispite our differences stand for the good things in life. Love of country and neighbor. We try to bring our kids up to be good citizens and christians. Others can mock these things till the mask comes off."

"Thatlittle rabbit trail served as a distraction and had nothing to do with the argument I presented or the subject at hand. "
    "
    Which was what? That Bible believing baptists in the USA will be horribly persecuted in the near future, because they won't want to sign up with the Mormon/Catholic/Jehovah'sWitnesses one world church?

If history is anything to go by, Soulman the baptist is saver from persecution overthere in the US, than Soulman would be if he (God forbid) converted to Mormonism, joined the Jehovah's, or became Catholic.

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hello msinave. Late getting in, having skimmed replies, so don't think repeating others here.

Can the denominations have unity? Yes! Can the Baptist church join the World Council of churches, or any other organization to obtain unity with other denominations? Most definitely. Come one, come all and we’ll be one big happy family.

We can all join hands in praising God. But can we still “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ only for our salvation? Will we still be able to believe He took all of our sins away? Will they preach “saved by Grace through faith without works? Would the powers to be in a global church understand that a church does not make one a Christian? Would there be unity in our belief of Once Saved Always Saved?

Yes, we can join in the ecumenical movement, and world church of God in full unity, but only if we are willing to believe what a universal church will demand. I really doubt they will all jump with joy, demanding the doctrine of this world “organization” titled “church” will join in unity with what Baptists hold dear.

We all need to live in harmony with others down here, but need to realize if what a church teaches is not what the Baptist churches teach, why would Baptist churches wish to join others that believe differently? We will only take this route when Baptists are no longer capable to stand for the Word of God, believing the Christian message of Acts 16:28-31, ”But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. 29. And he called for lights and sprang in, and, trembling for fear, fell down before Paul and Silas, 30. and brought them out and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.”

I would say yes to joining a global Christian church where all members believed one thing, and that is the above verses of Acts 16:28-31, for that is what all we Christians in the Body of Christ believe. We already belong to The One Church in Christ Jesus, and presently seated in that church. But how many down here would join such a church? The Catholics; churches of Christ, Lutheran, or even we Baptists’?

No National, or Global church will ever have this One criterion, so there will never be unity of Christians on this earth. If this would happen, then we would see peace on this earth, but we know this cannot happen, for this will only happen after the tribulation.

I believe by this one thing, knowing Peace will only come with Christ Jesus, that the ecumenical movement is not of the Word of God. Christian faith, ituttut.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rome is and will always be a one-way-street.

There was a time when "protestantism" was called the Rebellion of Korah.

As a certain secular song says: You can check out but you can never leave (according to her).

HankD

13. mioque

mioque New Member

"Yes, we can join in the ecumenical movement, and world church of God in full unity, but only if we are willing to believe what a universal church will demand."
    "
    ahum.. between ecumenical talks between different churches and mergers between those same churches there gapes a huge ravine.
    The only serious attempt at merging different denominations I witnessed in my lifetime (samen op weg), involved denoms theologically closer to eachother than many IFB churches are, took 30 years, started with 3 churches and ended with 3 churches....

14. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Agree a huge difference between talking and merging. We can communicate, but we are not to associate. My point was, if our church flirts, associates, or becomes one with a one world church.

However I see in His Word that a world ruler is coming and that world ruler will become acceptable to the Jew, and the other religion of this world – Revelation 13:12, ”And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” We Christians won’t be here, but those left apart in other churches will be in a better position to resist, as they should not be into idol worship. Christian faith, ituttut

15. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Soulman: Tolerance for baptists is waining as we remain seperate from false doctrine. Everyone is inclusive till someone will not bend their knee to false religion. Then in the name of Christ they will come against us as they have in the past. Nailing us for being hateful and intolerant. They are the one that will be intolerant.

Mioque: "Which was what? That Bible believing baptists in the USA will be horribly persecuted in the near future, because they won't want to sign up with the Mormon/Catholic/Jehovah'sWitnesses one world church?"

You missed the point. First, I was not limiting it to the U.S. I was making the point that churches that hold to solid bible teaching, baptist or otherwise are labled as intolerant, homophobic, right wing extremests. Now it is an atmosphere of love and unity. At the expense of biblical truth. Right is now wrong and wrong is right.

mioque: "That Bible believing baptists in the USA will be horribly persecuted in the near future, because they won't want to sign up with the Mormon/Catholic/Jehovah'sWitnesses one world church?"

Well, look at history and our tendancy to repeat it. It has happened before when christians stood for truth and wouldn't bend their knee to the RCC, they were slaughtered by the millions. It will happen again. Worldwide.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

This ecumenical situation that is brewing out there is totally apostate because it is not based on the truth of God's word. They are intolerant of us while they preach tolerance and inclusivness.

This country was and still is the safest place on earth from persecution. You are right. But the attitude is changing. True christianity is mocked, ridiculed and devalued. We will eventually be in the way. Watch and see!

16. mioque

mioque New Member

Soulman
    "You missed the point. First, I was not limiting it to the U.S."
    "
    It get's confusing, the last time you spoke in general terms (about the Endtimes views held by theologians) I assumed you were thinking globally, you turned out to be talking about your own local experiences.
    So I assumed this time it was the same.

"It has happened before when christians stood for truth and wouldn't bend their knee to the RCC, they were slaughtered by the millions. It will happen again. Worldwide."
    "
    Now you are suddenly talking globally again while I was making a point about American local history. By the way most of those slaughteredmillions would never have been accepted as members of fundamentalist baptist churches if they had been around back then.

"This country was and still is the safest place on earth from persecution."
    "We will eventually be in the way. Watch and see! "
    "
    Presumably I will have been martyred for my Christian faith, Looong before they'll start persecuting you.
    After all, you are the one living in the safest place on earth and I'm not.

17. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Well ok mioque. Looks like we can't have rational conversations. All you can do is insult and pick on the little things. You were the one that stated we were safer over here in the U.S.A. than anywhere else. I was agreeing with you and then you twist it to make me say something I didn't even mean. I have had to backtrack and re-explain myself to you in every post. At first I thought I wasn't explaining myself properly. Now I realize that is the way you argue when you have nothing constructive to say. You haven't shown one bit of biblical rebuttal concerning the subject at hand. So enjoy picking apart this post as it will be the last on this subject posted to you in your country from my country on the global world wide web. See ya in heaven pal. [​IMG]