1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ed Stetzer pitching Wheaton as great option for Southern Baptists

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jerome, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ex-SBC pollster Ed Stetzer just announced special program and discount for Southern Baptists to study at Wheaton College:

Christianity Today • July 2, 2021

Stetzer:
    "While I was with the SBC in Nashville recently, several people inquired about options for SBC students...at Wheaton College where I am the Dean. As a result, we are now planning two new cohorts for SBC students."

"we will launch an SBC master’s degree cohort starting this fall in 2021...specifically for students preparing for or currently in ministry in the Southern Baptist Convention....Second, we are in the process of seeking permission from regional accreditors to launch a D.Min. degree program....students can study while continuing in church leadership—the program is all done in modular classes and online. The best part about the SBC cohort is that we offer up to a 25% tuition reduction for students who join the cohort."

"Many in the SBC are aware that Matt Chandler, pastor of The Village Church, is pursuing his master’s degree...at Wheaton College"

"Matt could have studied at any of the SBC seminaries, but he chose to come to Wheaton. He chose Wheaton because it offers an education that is broadly evangelical, and several folks at the SBC in Nashville told me they might prefer this type of education....At Wheaton, students learn from scholars with varying theological perspectives. We have remarkable men and women who will be your professors. You will learn from Arminians and Calvinists, egalitarians and complementarians, charismatics and non-charismatics, and they will respect your theological views because that is the character of the Wheaton College community."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1