1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Efforts to support global climate-change falls

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......Less than half of those surveyed, or 47 per cent, said they were prepared to make personal lifestyle changes to reduce carbon emissions, down from 58 per cent last year.

Only 37 per cent said they were willing to spend "extra time" on the effort, an eight-point drop.

And only one in five respondents - or 20 per cent - said they'd spend extra money to reduce climate change. That's down from 28 per cent a year ago.

The Canadian results, from a poll of 1,000 respondents conducted in September, were virtually identical to the overall figures. There are no comparative figures for Canada because Canadians weren't included in the global study in 2007.

The 11 countries surveyed were Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States. There were 2,000 respondents surveyed in China, including 1,000 in Hong Kong.

The survey was conducted as part of a joint collaboration between the financial institution HSBC and environmental groups, such as the Earthwatch Institute......

More Here

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully this idiocy is soon going to die a natural death.

I don't question the fact of GW, cause I remember back in the 40's we always had several ice & snow storms where I lived, and now many winters pass with little snow or ice; if any at all.

However I don't subscribe to the ALLEGED CAUSE of the change. I have noticed in the last 4-5 years the winters like I used to experience seem to be slowly coming back, so that negates a long range pattern of GW - a scenario that would not exist with the modern "sky-is-falling" attitude of the gullible!

Me thinks the biggest problem is with the proponents of man-made GW wanting/hoping to, through this idiocy, gain control over those buying into this fallacy

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Another conformation of our sin nature? "All I want is my fair share and a little bit of yours."

Climate, shmimate, is there any doubt that the oceans are being raped and the land trashed? Commercial fishing in the Grand Banks and the Pacific North West, new dead zones, big collection of plastic trash floating in the mid Pacific . . . .

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Um...the question, "are you willing to throw away your trash" wasn't asked.

I have a God-given responsibility to provide for my family. Giving money to the government (or worse, the UN) to support a "cause" that may not even exist? I think God would rather me provide for my family.

You probably won't admit it...but there are many, many parts of this world in which pollution has been cleaned up greatly. But that's not what the survey asked about.

I attribute this to people wising up...that for us to pay millions of dollars so one-world bigwigs can fly to remote parts of the globe in charter jets to talk about global warming...frankly, that's stupid.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you read the article what you will find is the current lack of support seems to be more about the current economy than anything else. How convicted are people about the gloom and doom of global warming (climate change) if they are not willing to stand by their conviction.