1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jan 29, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Peter 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now bear with me here, does this scripture say " The elect according to the faith foreseen ? or, according to foreseen repentance, or elect according to jewish ethnicity ? NO, yet these are things imposed by carnel men into this verse, but its the elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, meaning that He knew them beforehand, those He foreknew Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The word foreknowledge in the opening text 1 Pet 1:2 is the greek word prognōsis and means:

I.foreknowledge

II.forethought, pre-arrangement

foreknowledge, previous determination.

The same word is found here Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Simply put, God's Predetermination is His Foreknowledge.. God's Pre-arrangement is God's Foreknowledge,

Coupled with Elect and or Chosen the words denotes those who have been chosen, pre arranged and predetermined by God the Father and something He did Acts 15:18

18 Known unto God are all his works,predeterminations,pre-arrangements from the beginning of the world.

God knew His works of prearrangement, predestination of Individuals whom He foreknew Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This same Idea is in Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained or pre-arranged to eternal life believed.

That word ordained tassō means:

A.to place in a certain order, to arrange, to assign a place, to appoint

Foreknowledge therefor has nothing to do with God seeing outside of Himself the actions of others, but of His Own Purpose and Knowledge of them, determining their actions.

Like He determined the foreknown Jeremiah Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Basically the Truth is that God foreknows because He Predestinates ! He knows before hand all things that comes to pass because He Prearranged Them according to His own Purpose !

Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

The very first sermon on the Day of Pentecost brought out God's predestination and foreknowledge !