1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election and the covenant

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Charles Meadows, Sep 6, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Hey all,

This is certainly an interesting discussion! prince sees 6 covenants -- I see 7 adding the Adamic covenant of replenish the earth but don't eat the fruit,

Here's another thought or two:

1) The seals are a recapitulation of the 7 dispensations only this time rather than God intervening and making a new covenant, God lets the errors "play out" to Satan's advantage.

See, each seal signified a "payment" God made. This was symbolized (as in Jer 32) by a seal being affixed to the "title deed," Rev 10, the little book.

A brief look will show this:

1. Innocence lost -- white horse rider -- false Christianity
    2. Conscience -- red horse -- Islam (hates Bro Israel who worships same God and take peace from earth)
    3. Human gov't -- black horse -- Russia -- like Babel, man in charge without God
    4. Family -- pale (sickly) horse -- Israel --
    5. Law -- martyrs under altar -- the abrogation of the law was Islael killing the prophets God sent
    6. kingdom -- "day of Christ is come" -- Christ was operating His kingdom until -- kingdom rejected/interrupted
    7. grace -- Rev 16:21 -- immediately precedes Christ's return and MK (Here is the demonstration that kingdom was offered - grace came after Christ but interrupted His kingdom which is last.)

2) Therefore, I see the 7 spirits of God (Rev 5:6) being the 7 dispensations by which the "7 horns" represent the authorities God uses (parents, gov't, law, etc.) and by which we see God and He "sees" us -- 7 eyes."

skypair

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I agree that the Noahic covenant is a biblical covenant, but here in the Dispensationalism/Covenantalism discussion, it had no relevance. So I wasn't even bringing it up.

The MC was not done away. The conditions for living in the land (LC/PC) were the living faithfully under the MC. If you read Deut 28-30 you see that living in the land is dependent on keeping the MC.

To all, FTR, I disagree with virtually that SkyPair says about the seals and the dispensations. (No offense to Skypair by saying that, but simply to clarify that that is not my view in anyway. )

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I take it that you agree to the four distinct covenants that I outlined, but how do they fit into your 7-dispensational schema?

2. "Man's responsibility changed (the content of his saving faith)," I thought man of all age is saved by grace through faith." Can you elaborate?

4. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

PL,

Sorry, I was not clear. The Mosaic Law is done away now, nailed to the cross. I do not see the provisions of the land covenant being done away as far as Israel would one day be brought back to the land from which she was driven. LC/PC did not do away with the MC, the cross did. But the cross did not do away with the following:

Yes, living in the land was dependent on keeping the MC, but returning to the land and having a circumcised heart was a provision of the LC/PC, never the MC. Therefore, I contend that they are separate and distinct, and of course the clear statement to that effect: