1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Election Believed and taught in the OT !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The careful student can't but welcome the doctrine of election in the OT. It's there.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

That is what you have been convinced to believe by men.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That was impossible to happen. God had already made the promise. God's Promise to Abraham is what caused his obedience of faith, and was not contingent upon his obedience !

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You speak of things that are NOWHERE in the scriptures NOWHERE.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that is what the Holy Spirit revealed to him from/in the Bible!

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats because you do not see them in scripture, but there is nothing in scripture that suggests Abraham would not have obeyed ! Abraham's obedience is decreed by God like all the Children of promise have been ! Its a Covenant Blessing Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Therefore, according to you, we receive a new heart and become robots. If your reasoning were correct, all saved would NEVER make a mistake again.

You teach falseness.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

In the Old Testament, there is a man named Saul. He had the Spirit of God. God told Saul to do something, but Saul did not do it, so God took His Spirit from Saul.
    Do not believe in the falseness of Calvinism, any point and all points of Calvinism is false.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God elects, chooses, those who believe in Him and obey!

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You quote something that God is going to do, and God does those things, as shown in the NEW TESTAMENT.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Under the old Covenant, the Spirit moved upon those to do a specific task, such as a prophet/King...

Not like today, when he indwells and seals us!

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that would cause sinners to be the basis of getting saved by God, not Christ!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Election is in Christ !

Election is in Christ or some have been chosen in Christ, When ? Before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And let it be known, that this Election puts one in Christ that early, and that of God are they in Christ Jesus 1 Cor 1:30a

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Not of our faith, our choosing or our repentance, but of God's Sovereign choice by Grace. This Election gave one a Representative Being in Christ, like Levi had in the Loins of Abraham Heb 7:9-10

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

It also gives a Representative Union with Him, and it is at conversion when believing the Truth, that Union is made manifest openly, and is evidence of having been in Christ before. This is the same as Eve's open marriage to Adam, did but give Evidence that She previously had a Union with him before, and of course Paul likens that to the Church and Christ Eph 5:28-32

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

That Eve had this Union with Adam at Adam's Creation is clear from Gen 5:1-2

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

And so Later God brought the woman to the Man Gen 2:22

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

God caused her to come to the man, Just like He causes The Church, Christ's Bride to come to Him Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Which in the final analysis will be all those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4 !

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Chosen to Believe and Why !

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Chosen that we should be Holy and without blame before Him in Love ! Some ignorantly say that scripture does not teach an election to believe in Christ, but that is another lie from the father of lies and his minions, for our present scripture teaches that very thing; for in being Chosen to be Holy, accompanied with that is Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13, for its by the sanctifying Work of the Spirit [New Birth] see Eph 4:24 that we become experientially Holy, which answers the Purpose of Eph 1:4