1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election or NOT, Obama and McCain Should Have Been There.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 26, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without a doubt, the two Senators running for President, needed to be in Washington this week. If for no other reason than than for the reason that one of them WILL be inheriting this financial fiasco, For another reason, they are still on active payroll for serving their constituents. With them not there [in D.C.], their constituents are left out of representation on what everyone is calling the most important issue in the history of America.

It would not hurt the campaign to take a few says off to go back to DC and make sure they did more than simply "rubber stamp" the final bailout bill.

While I'm on this topic, the people of Mississippi should be ashamed of putting their own financial gains ahead of the country. Those debates could have been rescheduled, and they would not have lost anything. Their selfish reasons for having the debate tonight mirrors the apathy and greed of the general populace of this country today.

I think McCain should have stayed in DC as long as it took him, not bowing to the greed laden complaints about his having to be there.

Lest the people of this nation forget, our nation could conceivably "crumble" before our eyes without getting this bill done in an expedited manner.

I'm not trying to be harsh or un-understanding, just realistic with or financial crisis.

Shame on those who pressured John McCain in being at the debate. There has been a lot said that as president, both men would have to be able to chew gum and walk as president. While this is somewhat true, the seriousness of this crisis should be the "mother" of all needs, meaning it's time that our elected politicians spit out the gum and stand still long enough to get this bill written and approved as soon as possible!

Shalom and blessings to my church family,

Pastor Paul:type: