1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elevation of women in the church and in society

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Do I get any credit or royalty for your T-Shirt inspiration:thumbs: ?

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I did answer part of your question in one of my posts. Scarlett just gave you a great answer.

I think if you'd do a search of some old threads you'd find a lot of the answers you are looking for.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Now thats the spirit here at the BB Cutter - thank you :)

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you acknowledge that your original post was not worded in the best way possible for a reasonable discussion. :saint: :saint:

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

A bit confrontational in fact . . .

6. Allan

Allan Active Member

Actually, that is not true.

I have a family of four, married with no completed college education and no union Job (which I would never want personally). I make about $21,000 a year and I alone bring the income.

We own (paid for) three cars (selling one), pay rent of 400 a month, bills, groceries, clothing,tithe and give... and still have money we set aside for vacation, and buying a house, enterment fund for the month (includes pop, candy, videos or movies, and eating out) when that money is gone, there is not pulling from something else.

The problem is that people in America spend their monies frivolously on things. They don't know how to control their spending nor what is good to actually spend their money on - needs, and save for their wants. We are a society of lust and we indulge from drinks (pops or whatever), snacks, movies, dinners, ect... rather than save to do those things that are NOT NEEDS we spend as though they ARE and then complain we can't make it unless some else in the family takes up a job.

Funny thing is, THEN with a second job they realize they are not making it so good either now with more money coming in. (because they are now spending more on their larger more expensive lusts/desires rather than needs)

Fact is, if we would realize the difference between needs and wants, and spend accordingly much of our problems with money decress extesively.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh the things we do and say about our women...

I can't believe what I read, are women have contributed to terrorism in our midst. Wow, I can't believe someone would write something like that about one gender. Are you seriously accusing our current state of affairs on the over movement of women in our society? That is crazy.

Our current state as a nation has nothing to do wth one particular gender, political persuasion, one particular religion, even one particular worldview but is just the way things are right now.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

My wife has been a stay at home mom/teacher/etc for the last 15 years. However, as someone mentioned above modern conveniences have freed up hours that used to be taken up in home maintenance. In this day and age it is totally possible to be a keeper at home while also working outside the home.

9. Cutter

Cutter New Member

How was it worded wrong. I ask questions. Is there anything wrong with that?
    If you are so easily offended and cannot defend your position that an apology is demanded from an inquisitive mind instead of intelligent dialogue, I'm sorry.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

AS a matter of fact, these modern conveniences have left some women a bit at odds with themselves because they have so much extra time on their hands.

Before I started teaching (at the same school my boys attended), I volunteered huge numbers of hours. There are so many ways to clean, things to sew, doilies to crochet, meals to cook, and books to read.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There was no need to be so confrontational. People here are well able to support and defend their views, but when you started off like a ball of fire people responded in kind.

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Roger, I disagree.
    I think there was nothing wrong with his post at all, and I think people who have been so rude should be ashamed of the unChristian responses given.

If you haven't noticed we do have a feminism problem in our country.
    I in my first reply was talking more about women in places of authority such as women pastors and women police officers and governors etc.

Now, to answer the original question, it is the mens fault that this all happened in the first place.
    It was men who game women the right to vote, it was men that allowed their wives to rule their houses and it was men that allowed women to take places of leadership in the home.
    It has been men that have allowed women to be degraded as nothing more than sex toys in our entertainment and advertising.

News flash to any feminists or wimpy men on this board:
    The liberation of women has DEGRADED them, not elevated them.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Of course, you don't. Birds of a feather, you know.

Spoken like a true misogynist! What about black people? Have equal rights degraded them as well? Sheesh!

So women suffrage is evil? Men game (sic) women the right to vote? What about Susan Anthony and others like her. I am amazed how many dinosaurs still are roaming the earth, posting on the BB!

#53 Magnetic Poles, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

By the way, my wife does have a part time job.
    She works about 10-20 hours per week at the library and she is able to take our 11 month old daughter with her.
    She has my full blessing to do that and is still under my protection and care.

The amount that I make is more than enough to take care of our needs, however the extra few hundred dollars she earns each month allows us to have a little extra.

15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Just ask my wife and you will find out if I am a misogynist!
    lol
    That is so stupid it doesn't even deserve to be taken seriously.

I have a wife, a daughter and a mother. All of whom I love and who love me.
    Oh, did I mention 5 sisters?
    How about a grandmother? 4 aunts?
    A few great aunts who are still living?

Quit with the ad hominem and post logical responses.

16. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I agree, Bro. Dale. Men are just as culpable as women in this regard.
    It's funny how nothing fills people with more hate and emotion than the truth.
    And your last statement says it all.

17. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Another news flash! She doesn't need your "blessing" to do anything.

I almost hope Hillary Clinton wins the election. Then maybe you who hate women so, will move to Saudi Arabia, where they treat women like you think they should be treated.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, then we've got to talk about when it's ok for a woman to go to work, under what circumstances, where, what kind of jobs.

Was it ok for me because I waited until the kids were in middle school and we all went to the same school? Is it ok for your family because your daughter goes with your wife? Where's the cut off date? What makes the difference?

There are too many variables. It's up to each family as believers IMHO.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There is wisdom is a wife and husband being in agreement regarding her working outside the home. If she goes against her husbands desires than problems are sure to ensue.

20. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dale, are you saying that women don't have the same human rights as men in the arena of voting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.