1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elevation of women in the church and in society

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

By saying this, you have just revealed two things, you are rebellious and you twist Scripture to suit your needs. I don't think Christianity is the right religion for you, given Paul's admonition for 'woman to be subject to their husbands' and 'women keep silent in the church' and even farther 'when a woman prophesies she should keep her head covered' ( a symbol of submission).

God has created the universe with order. He has made the family with order. The husband is the head, and for you to say that the wife does not need the husbands permission to get a job, just shows how culturally conditioned our Christianity has become.

Yes, OP, our country has been greatly hindered by the rise of femminist women. But as Dale said, it is because men stopped being men. So now, you have people like myself, being raised by a single mother. What does that do? It femminizes me. It is a viscious cycle..

#81 christianyouth, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's better.
    :laugh: :laugh:

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you give some clarification as to what you mean by being raised by a single mother "feminizing you"?

4. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Enstilling feminine qualities into my mind, while lacking the ability to show me the masculine frankness that is required to be a man of God.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Having a Godly man around helps, but God can make a man of you without a man around. You only need willingness and His Word for this just as any of us need willingness and His Word to find out what and who He'd have us be.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Us Sisters are a POWERFUL force.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I don't think "a woman's place" is to go home and bake cookies. However, if any men or women here want to bake some oatmeal raisin cookies, I will volunteer to, um, judge them - you know, taste test sort of thing. Yeah, that's the ticket.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

And just how do we feed an Angry Beaver?

Toss those oatmeal cookies over the cage or shove them under the cage?

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

COOKIES!!!!

Now Bitsy, there's where the power is!

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

AMEN Sister

-- Now if we can just get feeding the cookies to those Hungry, Angry Beavers figured out . . .

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Cookies hath power to sooth the savage beaver. ;)

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There's a great deal of light in this post. Thank you ChristianYouth and keep up the fight.

The only thing that I would say is potentially erroneous about the OP is not within the OP but the thread title. Women have not been elevated during this age, they have been degraded. They have been conditioned to think that they need to become men and, with rare exceptions, they have given up their God gifted feminine beauty and feminine role.

13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :saint: I have been patiently waiting for 10 pages for you to show up, Rufus. You are, if nothing else, one of the most consistent persons on the BB. And I sincerely mean that as a compliment. No hidden agendas. I enjoy reading most of your posts whether I agree with you or not.

The last time that I asked you "what took you so long to get here" you laughed (a smiley) and said "old age".

I looked at you profile when you said that and if I am not mistaken, I have a good ten years on you and I was here on the first page! :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great day, Rufus! You are one of my favorites.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I like this - an 18 year old (according to profile) calling an adult rebellious! Now that I would take seriously.

15. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Here's a random thought. Check out this one line from the proverbs 31 description of a woman of noble character...

I don't see anything in there about how she consulted her husband on the matter and deferred the decision to him. Assuming the wife is a Godly woman, perhaps a measure of a Godly husband would be to see what kind of reaction he has when his wife comes home and says, "honey, I bought some land today..."

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Thank you Scarlett, you're very kind and I'm glad to see you're back to regularly contributing.

17. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Most adults in this age are rebellious (especially the women).

"And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?" - Matthew 21:16

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I think I said this might be possible in rural American. "Now almost nobody can afford to do that except in rural areas maybe." Do you live in Harlan, Ky or another such out of the way place? You won't find a place to rent for a family of 4 for $400 a month in NYC, Atlanta or Chicago.

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Notice a few verses before...

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil." - Proverbs 31:11

Since her husband trusted her, I'm going to speculate that he delegated such matters to her care so it may not have been necessary for her to consult. However, if the husband had not delegated such matters or given instructions to her to consult with him, since she was a Proverbs 31 lady, I speculate she would've.

Here are some other lines to consider....

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." - Genesis 2:18

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." - Ephesians 5:22

SUBMIT'', v.i. To surrender; to yield one''s person to the power of another; to give up resistance. ... (Source: Webster's 1828)​

20. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Women can't be frank? My mother sure never had that problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.