1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eleven Charged Over Terror Plot

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by mnw, Aug 21, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5271998.stm

Eleven if the 23 people arrested for the bomb plot to blow up planes have been charged.

Going on the information given already I would not like to be their lawyers. The evidence includes:

69 searches of houses, flats and business premises, vehicles and open spaces
    Searches had also found more than 400 computers, 200 mobile telephones and 8,000 computer media items such as memory sticks, CDs and DVDs
    Audio and video survelliance from before the arrests
    "Martyredom" videos
    Bomb making equipment (There are chemicals, including hydrogen peroxide, electrical components, documents and other items.)

I think the 17 year old guy was found with the Wills for those committing the murders.

It is a great development!

What I cannot figure out from the UK news is what is the bigger story - the cricket scandal or the evidence against the terrorists!

Perhaps focusing on the cricket shows the terrorists that we are continuing with life as normal...

2. neil

neil New Member

This seemed so different from the Forrest Gate episode and thankfully. it looks like the info the security forces had was spot on.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I just pray that God will continue to protect Europe and America from terrorists . . .

4. mnw

mnw New Member

But according to another thread the world will end tomorrow so we have made it!

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

It is actually tomorrow already . . .

;)

6. mnw

mnw New Member

Actually, today is yesterday's tomorrow...

It may be our tomorrow in some places, but it is still the 21st here. :) :smilewinkgrin:

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Not for long now . . . tell us if ya' start cooking! We want to hear you!