1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eleven Simple Rules for Posting

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Dr. Bob, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is NOT for discussion. It is simply to define the terms and the categories of the paradigm known as "King James Version Only". The moderators of this forum may post here to "tweak" the definitions; all others are "read-only".

When making a point, discussing an aspect of this position or debating an issue, PLEASE use the correct KJVO "number". It is WRONG to lump a very slight leaning to the KJVO position (#1-2) with the mainstream KJVO (#3-4) or with the extreme KJVO (#5).

Thank you.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. If you are going to start a thread in this forum, you must be clearly identified as a Baptist since this is a Baptist-Only area.

2. As such, only BAPTISTS are allowed to post on any thread in this Forum. Non-baptists may feel free to start a thread on the same subject in the "Other Religions" forum.

3. Do not start a thread with an attack or a flame as your premise. This is in violation of BB rules.

4. Do not bring dirty laundry from another forum into this forum. This one has enough of its own.

5. Remember that we're presenting ideas and not destroying people. Teach patiently as 2 Tim 2 says, or don't post at all.

6. Do not attack the other poster; if you want to question the opinion, that's fine. But do so in a God honoring way. Don't attack the person; the goal is to build up and win for the truth's sake.

7. It is not acceptable to question someone's salvation relative to Bible preference. KJVOs have said, "Get saved and you'll understand 17th century English." MVs have said, "If you were as spiritual as me, you'd leave the KJV behind." Neither will be tolerated.

8. Stop turning every single thread into a KJV vs. all other versions discussion. If it's off topic, it's going in the trash. Continual violations of this will result in discipline.

9. Certain terms are off limits in this forum.
    For example:
    1. The KJVO crowd will not not refer to the Modern Versions as "perversions," "satanic," "devil's bibles," etc...nor call those that use them "Bible correctors," "Bible doubters," etc.
    2. The MV crowd will not refer to the KJVOs as "cults," "heretics," "sacrilegious," etc...nor refer to the KJV in derisive terms such as "King Jimmy's Bible," "Pickled Preserved Version," etc.
    10. If a thread is going "off topic" after 5 pages, it will be shut down by the moderators. Feel free to start a NEW thread on a cognate area that was left unresolved.

11. If you start a thread, at any time you may request that the thread be closed, but the Forum Moderators reserve the right to leave the thread open or close the thread at their discretion.

If you have a problem with any of these basic rules of civility and Christian courtesy, you know where the door is. If you violate them, you will be SHOWN where the door is.

[ May 19, 2006, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Squire Robertsson ]

#2 Dr. Bob, Sep 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bump to keep this active. [​IMG]

4. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumped to keep this thread active. [​IMG]

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumped so it is not lost!!

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: And once again, to keep from automatically disappearing into St Catherine's trashpile, we update the thread.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumped-and-sticky :applause:

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumped-and-sticky :type:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the last six months or so, with the Admin Teams concurrence, I have closed threads when they reach 135 or so posts. Mind you, I am not all that efficient. So, if I go to Costco or Sunday Services, some threads grow like Topsy before I can post the Six Hour Warning.

I believe six hours is enough time for folks to post their finishing thoughts. However, I understand there are still points to be discussed. So, folks are free to start a new thread dealing with those points.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumping for our new members

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    the 15 year Bump

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it so funny - I will be bumping this every 15 years
    (or is it every 15 days) since getting old - I get so confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.