1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eligible for re-marriage?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ckmn101, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Mike, my advice would be to seek the answer through Bible meditation and study, and the thoughts of qualified leaders who have a sound grip on the Word. Don't seek advice on the BB. You will walk away frazzled from all the opinions of the posters here.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If he did not want to seek advice here, we would not have started the thread. There have been some excellent posts here on the subject.

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

No kidding? I know he is seeking advice. My advice to him was to seek elsewhere.

4. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I'm sorry Aaron, it's been a while since I posted on Baptist Board, and I had forgotten how snarky and unkind people could be.

My personal experience is nothing. Scripture is everything. Our UNDERSTANDING and proper interpretation is in question here. You have apparently decided that your "private interpretation" has the Holy Ghost stamp of authority. I make no such claim.

I can say this -- I respect and revere the Word of God more than I ever have, and as I've grown in knowledge of Scripture and relationship with Christ, I am thankful and humbled to have enjoyed far more of His grace and forgiveness than I deserve. What I spoke about in my previous post flowed from that God-given grace and forgiveness.

So, no, I won't "stone" the one taken in adultery. I will forgive, and I will set free -- because that's what Jesus did for others, and for me.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're a hoot! In one breath you say your personal experience is nothing, and in the next appeal to it for authority for your position! I, in contrast, appealed only to the Scriptures.

6. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clearly, Aaron, you misinterpreted my last post. Just as clearly, you prefer playing games to serious discussion of an important issue.