1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ellen G. White

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Hardsheller, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Frank

Frank New Member

Women are to be in subjection to men in matters of teaching the word of God. The Bible says, in I Tim. 2:11,12,  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
    12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    The problem in the church at Corinth was that some women were violating this command. The Bible says in I Cor. 11:3, But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. In I Cor. 14: 34, Paul corrects this problem. the Bible says, ¶Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
    The Bible says of Debroah in Judges 4:1-5.And the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, when Ehud was dead.
    2  And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, that reigned in Hazor; the captain of whose host was Sisera, which dwelt in Harosheth of the Gentiles.
    3  And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD: for he had nine hundred chariots of iron; and twenty years he mightily oppressed the children of Israel.
    4  ¶And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
    5  And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.
    She was a judge and also propheised. This says nothing of God endorsing women to be in positons of spirtual leadership over men. In fact, GOD tells Debroah the prophetess to go get Barak, a man, to rid the land of evil. see verses 6-8.
    Again, to prophesy means to proclaim truth. Philips daughters did so. However, they did not do so in the lead in the presence of men. This would violate I Tim. 2:11,12, I Cor. 14: 34. They were being in subjection to men. The same could be said of Debraoh who sougth out Barak to take the lead in the confrontation against the enemies of Israel.
    Furthermore, the point of women prophets today is MUTE. There is NO OPEN revelation for them to reveal.
    ALL the TRUTH was promised to the apostles. John 16:13;15:26;14:26. They were to teach ALL THINGS commanded. They were to OBSERVE ALL THINGS whatsoever was commanded unto the end of the world. SEE Mat. 28:19,20. The Christian faith was ONCE delivered unto the saints. Jude 3. God gave us ALL THINGS thsat pertain to life and Godliness through the knowledge of him who hath called you to glory and virtue. II Pet. 1:3. Paul said of his brethren in Rome and I quote in Romans 15:14, And I myself am persuaded of you, my brethren that ye also are FULL of Goodness and with ALL Knowledge, able to also to admonish one another. It is the divine scriptures that make us COMPLETE unto ALL or every good work. II Tim. 3:16,17. For this reason, John the revelator said, in Rev. 22:18,19, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    This is why men are not to go beyond that which is WRITTEN. In I Cor. 4:6, the Bible says,And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men ABOVE that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. Paul also stated we should walk by the same rule and mind the same things. Phil. 3: 16.
    Finally, the one and only way miraculous spiritual gifts were given was by the laying on of the apostles hands. The Bible says in Acts 8:17  Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
    18  And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
    19  Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
    20  But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
    Unless Ellen G. White is two thousand years old, she has no gift of prophesy or any other miraculous grant from God. The Bible says so!

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God predicts that in the last days "Your sons and your daughters will prophesy" Joel 2:28 and Peter confirms this very NT fact in Acts 2:17.

Some cultures "take issue with God on that point".
    And even go so far as to object that God would do what He says in Joel 2:28.

Understood.

God's Word states that Philips 4 daughters were also prophets in Acts 21.

Some cultures "take issue with God on that point" and "interpret other scriptures in such a way as to assert that God should not be doing what He did".

God's Word says that EACH ONE was given a prophecy in the church of Corinth (1Cor 14) -again something that some cultures "take issue with" and interpret other scriptures "as if to oppose".

God's Word says that "HE gives out these gifts as HE wills". Again - some cultures take exception with that when it comes to Prophecy.

That is all understood. I am not here to change anyone's mind. But when studying spiritual gifts and prophecy I GO TO the texts that SPEAK about that - I do not hide under unrelated texts talking about the subjugation of women to men.

Of course, some cultures would take issue with that as well.

I understand that too.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Frank

Frank New Member

BOB:
    God gave the reason for subjection of women. In I Tim. 2:13,14 the Bible says, For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
    14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Excuse me, but being first formed is not a cultural thing. It is an eternal TRUTH. It is an unchangeable fact. Being the first to transgress God's law is NOT a cultural thing. It is an unchangeable TRUTH. So much for the cultural argument!!!

Bob, it would be much easier to believe truth than to fight against it!!

Have you found that women who wrote by inspirtion of God? Have you found the scripture where a women is teaching in authority over a man?
    Have you found the passage that teaches there is open revelation for today? Have you found the passage that spiritual gifts were given to folks by any other means than by the laying on of the apostles hands? Have you found a passage that teaches to go beyond that which is written and believe and teach what you personally prefer? If this were a test, you could complete it quickly with one word... NO!

4. Me2

Me2 New Member

the taking away from, or adding to, the book of revelation is all encompassing in the work of God as it covers the entire sanctification process. if one add to or takes away from the character or work of Jesus as is to be taught in the "school" of Sanctification of the believer.

revelation is a vision as described to John by an "overcomer". as pertaining to Jesus proving his Lordship by destroying everything of this sin permeated environment. it is about Jesus destroying our individual spiritual enemies within our lives.
    while we are still physically alive.....

its the revealing of who the christ is..He's Lord
    by proving himself as conquerer over all enemies even including death.

the enemies as ones described as the world, flesh and devil. or the lusts of the flesh, lusts of the eyes, pride of life.

or as called in revelation, the antichrist, false prophet and the devil.

their all the same. you (your old carnal self - the "flesh"). your "enemies" who adulterate the grace and character of Jesus through thoughts and deeds during your lifetime. and the accuser himself, the epitomy of evil, the devil.

I hear these types of people on these religious boards everyday. their ideas and characters. their our brothers and sisters "in christ" . and they are only identified within the family of God. Growing with faults within the process of sanctification within the family.
    when one holds on to erronious doctrine or they hold a wrong view of the character of God.
    It shows.

it stops spiritual growth. stunts or even the believer can be removed from their level of faith in this sanctification process.

few accept Jesus as lord through knowledge as it identifies with the total abdication of the carnal mindset and reliance to the working of the Holy Spirit in the maintainance of the believer. and the acceptance of the proper view of the character of Jesus as final judge. which he simply displays by giving away forgiveness and mercy and not waiting for anyone to ask or even understand..he does comes to destroy everything that is evil. but promises beforehand to restore all to a condition that is good for all.

thats the good news. everything Good is restored

so, Its easy to see total abdication under the guidance of the holy spirit.and easy to see envy and malice and slander and bitterness, etc,etc,etc.

envy will not exist as truth "is" and the Holy spirit will destroy all thought,idea and action that oppose eventually.
    believers should be selfless. not competative involving the things of God. therefore women "should" abdicate any power or position before any public gathering when the men "should be" the representative of the oracles of God.

Me2

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God predicts that in the last days "Your sons and your daughters will prophesy" Joel 2:28 and Peter confirms this very NT fact in Acts 2:17.

Some cultures "take issue with God on that point".
    And even go so far as to object that God would do what He says in Joel 2:28.

Understood.

God's Word states that Philips 4 daughters were also prophets in Acts 21.

Some cultures "take issue with God on that point" and "interpret other scriptures in such a way as to assert that God should not be doing what He did".

God's Word says that EACH ONE was given a prophecy in the church of Corinth (1Cor 14) -again something that some cultures "take issue with" and interpret other scriptures "as if to oppose".

God's Word says that "HE gives out these gifts as HE wills". Again - some cultures take exception with that when it comes to Prophecy.

That is all understood. I am not here to change anyone's mind. But when studying spiritual gifts and prophecy I GO TO the texts that SPEAK about that - I do not hide under unrelated texts talking about the subjugation of women to men.

The fact that I choose not to turn a blind eye to God's Word when IT SPEAKS of Spiritual gifts - is "not" ignoring truth. But those who DO turn a blind eye to God's Word when IT speaks of Spritual gifts - because it does not "please them" - IS an example of "fighting truth".

When you study a doctrine/subject it is always best to READ the texts that explicitly DEAL with that subject.

This direct method is typically avoided by those that are "fleeing the truth" on a given point.

#1. As already noted - there are MANY prophets in scripture - BOTH MEN AND WOMEN - that did not WRITE SCRIPTURE. The test of a prophet that you fabricate (which is "Writing Scripture" ) is not found in the Bible. You simply make it up - because you "need such a doctrine on Spritual Gifts".

#2. The BIBLE says "desire EARNESTLY spiritual GIFTS but ESPECIALLY that you may prophesy" as already noted here MANY times.

But Frank contradicts scripture by first "inserting a NOT into the text" "DO NOT desire EARNESTLY the Spiritual Gift of Prophecy today" and then BACKS up that direct Bible contradiction with this
    Frank said -- Have you found the passage that teaches there is open revelation for today? Have you found the passage that spiritual gifts

Yes - according to the text of 1Cor 12 - Spiritual Gifts are given BY The Holy Spirit - to EACH one as HE WILLs.

In Acts 2 there is NO ONE laying on hands.

in Acts 10 there is NO ONE laying on hands in the house of Cornelius - the household RECEIVES
    Spiritual Gifts BY the Holy Spirit giving them out AS HE WILLS. (A big surprise to some I fear).

In Joel 2:28 there is NO mention that God the Holy Spirit will be "restricted to the hands of the Apostles".

You fabricate doctrine out of the void of what scripture does not say - making things up like (you may be inspired by God but you can't write) or making things up like (you can not receive the gift of prophecy without writing scripture).

But when that fails to satisfy - you add to it - by directly contradicting scripture so that when God says "Desire earnestly spiritual gifts ESPECIALLY that you may prophesy" you say "No do NOT do that".

In Christ,

Bob

[ April 29, 2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: BobRyan ]

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The texts I listed showed NUMEROUS prophets in both OT and NT - NONE of them "add to" or "take away" from the book of Revelation.

Again.

I have listed a great many prophets in BOTH OT and NT (and there are MORE to be listed) that did NOT write scripture and that ARE NOT the devil, or the epitomy of evil, or the accuser of the bretheren.

The idea that FOLLOWING God's Word "Desire earnestly spiritual gifts but ESPCIALLY that you may prophesy" 1Cor 14:1

And BELIEVING God's Word "That it is the HOLY SPIRIT that gives Spritual Gifts to EACH one AS HE wills --" - is not "a way to become EVIL".

If this is your way of saying that God was in error in Judges 4:4 when HE make Deborah NOT ONLY a prophet BUT ALSO a judge - then I will leave it to you to "debate that point" before His throne.

In My case - I am simply accepting the Word of God - as it reads. Letting the texts on PROPHECY and Spiritual GIFTS speak for themselves. AND ALSO letting the texts on wives roles vs their own husbands - ALSO speak for themselves IN THAT context. I dare NOT try to INJECT the role of the WIFE into a discussion about Spiritual Gifts as the "EXCUSE" for turning a blind eye to the MANY examples of those gifts given in scripture.

In Christ,

Bob

7. SolaScriptura in 2003

Bob, don't you feel strange calling yourself a "Seventh-day Adventist"? Isn't that admitting to being an heretic, considering that the disciples of Christ were called Christians in the Bible and never "Seventh-day Adventists"? What does it mean "Seventh-day Adventist" - that you follow the Seventh-day and that it is your master rather than Christ? Christian means a follower of Christ, but what is this "Seventh-day Adventist"?

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So failing to make a Bible based argument ABOUT spiritual gifts FROM the Bible texts that actually SPEAK of spiritual gifts - Sola is NOW wanting to argue about "WHAT NAME" a church has?

Tell me that is not Church of Christ (the denomination) debate tactics.

Should Baptist, Methodist and Lutherans all change their names to whatever denomination
    Sola belongs to?

Curious way to bail out on a topic.

Christians "should" hold to some "standards" for example when discussing a Bible doctrine they "should be willing" to make their case FROM texts that actually SPEAK on that bible doctrine explicitly - instead of doing everything in their power to obfuscate and avoid those scriptures.

Surely there is another Christian on this board that can sign on to that.

In Christ,

Bob

9. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bob,

Do you believe the SDA Church (denomination) is the Church (denomination) that is the True Church in the world today?

If so - Why?

If not - Are there more or less than 10 other churches (denominations) that meet that criteria?

Or do you believe that the True Church is invisible and comprises all kinds of Christians with all kinds of labels?

Is your believe consistent with other SDA's?

Thanks....

10. Haruo

Haruo New Member

You may be right about that last point, Frank. But your use of 1 Peter here is abuse of Scripture. Even if it were true that there were no inspired prophetesses in recent centuries, your Peter text does not address that issue. Luke 2:36 is apposite: "And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;" and in Acts 2:17 Peter cites Joel with approbation: "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" To make the 1 Peter text (even if "men" in that case is meant gender-specifically, which is hardly necessary — I'm sure you interpret "men" in the Bible to subsume "women" when it suits your agenda) controlling for all future prophets' gender is patent nonsense. In my opinion. If you want to argue the point, you'd better have more than another out-of-context uncritical prooftext to bring to bear.

Haruo

11. SolaScriptura in 2003

I'm not bailing out of any discussion. I'm curious - where does the authority to call oneself a "Seventh-Day Adventist" rather than a Christian come from? Was this one of Ellen G. White's prophesies or what?

BTW: Bob, I haven't been discussing spiritual gifts at all - if you'll look back over the thread you'll see that I've just been trying to get you to tell me what Ellen G. White said.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To those that argue that there is no such thing as a woman prophet mentioned in scripture.

And to those that mention that there is no such thing as a prophet (male OR female) that did not ALSO write scripture ... we offer "Gods Word".

God destroys the dividing wall of separation among Christians (Eph 2:14) - so that there is "neither Jew nor Greek - Male nor Female" Gal 3:28

God's Word states that "Deborah" was a JUDGE over all of God's people AND a prophet. Judges 4:4-6 (Without any mention of her being a "lesser being as a woman and so it was a shame to the great beings - the men" as some cultures insist.)

God's Word states that Philip had 4 daughters who were ALSO prophets (without any mention of their being "lesser beings"). Acts 21:8

Anna is another prophetess in the NT Luke 2:36 – a valid spirit-filled prophetess in the NT.

God's Word states that ALL at the church of Corinth (1Cor14) had the gift of prophesy - or at least "EACH one has a Revelation from God"

God's Word shows that God ACCEPTS Miriam's claim to Prophecy in Numbers 12.

The EACH ONE of 1Cor 14 would have of course lived "in shame" as ME2 points out if Women had been allowed to share in the spiritual gifts of 1Cor12 and 1Cor 14:1 "DESIRE Earnestly spiritual gifts ESPECIALLY that you may prophesy" with the result that when the church comes together "EACH ONE has a revelation" from the Lord.

Some culture would respond "How awful that God would "allow women" to share in that gift giving to EACH ONE as HE wills".

The point here is to learn ABOUT Prophecy FROM the texts that actually SPEAK to the POINT.

difficult as that is going to be for some.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you "are" going to participate in a Bible based discussion on "prophets/prophetess/spiritual gifts" or is this not the "place for a Bible-based discussion on prophets"?

A pointless question. Like asking "Where do you get the authority to call yourself an American RATHER than a human" (AS IF Americans are not human).

Why not join the discussion on the Bible teaching regarding prophets?

What is "this"?

Yes that is a good point - you have not added to that part of the Bibl-based discussion at all.

Care to do so?

In Christ,

Bob

14. Me2

Me2 New Member

Bob, caught this at a sda website...

Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
    Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See [thou do it] not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

my question...

Doesnt all of the elect have the testimony of Jesus?

(at least all those who declare Jesus as their Lord....)

15. SolaScriptura in 2003

You say that the question "where does the authority to call oneself a Seventh-Day Adventist rather than a Christian come from?" is a pointless question, but it is not. Perhaps, however, it can be asked in a better way: why would one want to be a Seventh-Day Adventist rather than a Christian? Why do you not think Christ's name good enough for you, or is it that you don't think yourself good enough for Christ's name?

16. Frank

Frank New Member

Haruo:
    Unfortunately, your postion cannot be substantiated by scripture. The Bible teaches that revelation has ceased. I Cor. 13:8-13, Acts 18:7,8. ALL truth was to be proclaimed by the 12 apostles. John 14:26;15:26;16:13. The Apostles taught ALL THINGS and OBSERVED ALL things commanded. This was to CONTINUE UNTIL the end of the world. Mat. 28:18-20. ALL things were given. II Pet. 1:3. Christians have been filled with ALL knowledge. Romans 15:14.
    The word of God teaches the following:
    1. Revelation is closed. Therefore, no more prophesies, and thereby, no more prophets.
    2. ALL truth was given to the 12. Therefore, there is NOTHING LEFT for Ellen to prophesy.
    3. All knowledge provided. Therefore, Any claim by Ellen as to prophetic utterance is useless. We have all knowlege in spiritual matters.
    4. All things were given that pertain to life and Godliness. Therefore, there is nothing needed to be uttered to add to the spiritual life. No need for anyone to claim miraculous proclamations from the Spirit. ALL has been given.
    5. All things to be taught, commanded and observed have been given and are to last until the end of the world. Therefore, no void for any modern day prophets to fill. Mat. 28:18- 20.
    6. GOD commanded women to be in subjection to men in teaching the gospel of Christ. I Tim. 2:11-13.
    7. This was command was neded because women in Corinth were speaking out of order( usurping authority over men). I Cor. 14:40. Paul then commanded that women keep silent in the chuirch for it was not permitted for them to speak but be in subjection as saith the law. I Cor.14:34.
    8. The word prohesy means to reveal. The argument is not that women could prophesy. It was under what conditions and did they have the abiltiy to write by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. I Tim. 2;11-13, I Cor. 14:34 make it crystal clear it was not to be done when in the presence of men. It is also crystal clear women were not given the ability to write by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. SEE the entire Bible!!!
    9. II Pet. 1:20,21 deals with the origin of prophesy ( Prophetuo) to proclaim or reveal and who wrote it as scripture ( graphe). The Bible teaches that the 12 male apostles and the males on whom they laid their hands were given the spiritual gift or ability to write by inspiration. Acts 8:17,18, Rev. 1:11, II Thes. 2;15, I Tim. 1:13,Jude 3, I Cor. 14:37.
    The word men in II Pet. 1:21 is from the Greek word Anthropos which may be translated as male, female, mankind or human being. Therefore,the context of the passage immediate and remote must be used to determine the meaning. In view of the word graphe and the remote context of other passages it implies males are in view here, as ther is NO INSPIRED EVIDENCE WOMEN WROTE BY BEING LED ALONG BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Again, context!

I have no agenda for or against women in this matter. However, God has outlined a divine role for men and women, and we best follow them. Rev. 22:14.

Question: What spirtual need of man is NOT addressed by the complete new testament of Jesus Christ? If the answer is none, then,why do we need any more prophets or prophesy. If yes, please state what spiritual need is NOT adressed by the new testament.

17. Frank

Frank New Member

BOB:
    No one that I have read in this thread has questioned whether there were women who prophesied. However, the word prophesy does not mean to write nor does it state under what conditions the prophesy was uttered. Prophesy is from prophetuo which means to reveal or proclaim. It does not specifiy what is to be revealed o proclaimed. It is a verb. Graphe means to write scripture or a manuscript. It is a noun. These words have different meanings and are not the same gift. You can prove me wrong by providing scripture from just one of your female prophets. Just one!!!
    The miraculus gifts of the Holy Spirit were promised to the apostles. Luke 24:44-51, Acts 2:1-4,17. The household of Cornelius fulfilled this baptism of the Holy Spirit. Joel 2:28. The giving of these spiritual gifts to others was by the laying on of the apostles hands. Acts 8;17,18. Unless you were an apostle, of the household of Cornelius, or had hands laid on you by the apostles, you could not receive these gifts. However, these spirutal gifts were for the purpose of confirming the word. Mark 16;17-20. They were until we were unified in the one faith. Eph. 4:12. These gifts were not for eternity. Eph. 4:12-16, I Cor. 13:8-11. The completed new testament ended the need for the miraculous spiritual gifts. II Tim. 3:16,17. Furthermore, the method of granting the gifts is not the same as the power. The apostles were used to grant these gifts through and by the power of the Holy Spirit. You seem to insinuate that these gifts just miraculously fell on everyone. However, Acts 8:17,18 is clear this was not the case.

Question: If Ellen White wrote by inspiration, what miracle did she perform in the presence of unbelievers to confirm the power of her message? Where may I find the account of the miraculous evidence?

Question: Please name the women who wrote by inspiration the revelation of God? Where in the completed bible or new testament may I find her writing?

Question: What spiritual need is NOT addressed in the new testament of Jesus Christ?

Question: What message did Phillip's daughter's proclaim? Who was present when it was spoken? Where was it WRITTEN in the New Testament? Who wrote it as scripture? The same questions could be asked about Ana, Miriam,Debroah?

Question: Is one being first in transgression culture or truth? Is one being formed first culture or truth?

I hope you will answer these questions so all may understand your position.

[ May 02, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then - all agree that the gift of prophecy in BOTH OT and NT was given to men and women "your Sons and Daughters" Joel 2:28 as God said and "to EACH ONE" as He willed.

That is a plus.

The Bible DOES tell us HOW it is given "By dream or Vision" Numbers 12 - as we have already seen.

The bible does NOT tell us "they can not write - the prophecy down -- unless it is in the form of cannonized scripture". You simply make that up.

Indeed - they RECEIVE the message "via Dream or Vision" (Numbers 12) and they are responsible to PROCLAIM it effectively and faithfully.

The made up idea that "they can not write it down unless it is to be part of the Bible" is "made up".

Indeed - they could have written manuscripts - but nothing says that those manuscripts were part of scripture. In fact we even know of Apostles (Paul for example) showing that THEIR OWN manuscripts were in some cases NOT part of scripture.

Your premise is flawed.

Again - you are not following the point - and therefore not making your case here.

True - but that would be MIXING "Apostle" with Prophet AS IF the 3 daughters of Philip AND Anna AND Deborah AND everyone in Corinth "had to be doing miracles AS WELL AS prophecying" in direct contradiction to 1Cor 12 that says THEY would not ALL have Miracles AS WELL AS prophecy but rather to EACH ONE is given a gift according to the will of the Holy spirit.

Again - failing to follow the oft repeated point from scripture - you fail to make your case.

The household of Cornelius is seen to recieve the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues - not the gift of prophecy, not by laying on hands, not as "proof of prophetic gift".

Actually Eph 4:11-13 states that they are given until WE (the church) reach the "FULLNESS of the MEASURE of the STATURE of CHRIST". It is not until the 2nd coming and the glorification of the saints "We know not what we shall be like but we know we shall be like HIM for we SHALL see Him as HE IS" 1John 4.

I Cor. 13:8-11. Here we find that "NOW we see in a glass darkly but THEN we shall see .. we shall KNOW those who observe us JUST as they know us now". Again - the 2nd coming when we "SEE face to face".

There is in fact NO text of scripture saying " The completed new testament ended the need for the miraculous spiritual gifts."

There is in fact NO text of scripture showing that AFTER 2 Tim 3 was written - no other scripure was written.

There is NO text of scripture saying "As soon as we get 2 more letters out that is it spritiual gifts all end".

But people do like to make that up.

Answer - you already failed to show that OTHER GIFT (of Miracles) as a prerequisite for Prophecy
    which in fact God Himself states in 1Cor 12 is NOT true.

Failing to follow the point - you fail to make your case. Arguing for direct contradiction of scripture - your point is weakened.

MAKE the case that both men and women are prophets in the OT and NT and that BOTH are required to "PROCLAIM" their message as well - then pretend "they can't write" unless it is to write scripture.

You failed to make your case - because no text of scripture says that prophets can't write - or that everyone that does write is to have their works cannonized as part of scripture - something we know was not even true of Paul.

Failing to follow the point - you fail to make your case -- again.

The NT AND THE OT both provide for spiritual gifts - given until the 2nd coming of Christ.

There is no scripture in OT or NT that says "you are incomplete because of failure to get one more last as yet unwritten letter".

In fact 2 Tim 3 shows COMPLETION based on the OT text that Timothy read as a child.

Indeed - John declares that the NT is NOT an "exhaustive account" EVEN of the life of Christ - let alone all the words, writings, prophecies of Phillips for daughters.

Your point is void.

You argue that it is ok for them to be prophets AS LONG as they dont PROCLAIM their message in writing. You simply "make that up"

In Christ,

Bob

19. Frank

Frank New Member

BOB:
    If the perfect of I Cor. 13 is Christ's return then according to the purpose of miraculous gifts of Eph. 4:12-16, you affirm the following:
    1. Men will be waiting heaven to deceive.
    2. There will be false doctrine in heaven
    3. There will be immaturity in heaven. This is the impication of your false interpretation of I Cor. 13. This is foolishness of the highest order.

From your answers, I find the following:

1. You have no scriptural evidence for any book being written by any woman. There is NONE in the entire Bible!!

2. You have NO evidence to present as to the message of Phillip's daughters. You cannot provide evidence of it being RECORDED in holy writ. You have provided no evidence as to heard the message. It apparent it was not deemed worthy by God to be placed in the pages of inspiration.

3. You have provided NO evidence of any Spirtual need not addresssed by The scriptures. II Tim. 3;16,17. NONE!!! Your attempt to claim this passage is in reference to the Old testament is bogus,as the Old Testament did not save Timothy the gospel of Christ did. Romans 1:16. The old testament did not make us complete unto ALL OR EVERY GOOD WORK. That came through the gospel of Christ. II Pet. 1:3. I do affirm the text includes the old testament. However, scripture is scripture and Peter said Paul's writings were scripture. II Pet. 3:16.

4. You have presented NO evidence for anyone after the first century being endowed with the miraculous gifts. The Bible required confirmation of their message with signs II Cor. 12:12;20:9-11. When asked for the evidence, you provided NONE!

5.You have presented NO evidence for any additional truth being delivered by your so called prophet(s). The Bible clearly states ALL THINGS have been delivered. Mat. 28:18-20.

6. You have not provide a declarative statement, example or implication from the totality of the harmonious evidence that substantiates your teaching.

7. You have presented no evidence that spiritual gifts exist today, which includes miraculous confrimation. Jesus did not say in John 20:30,31, keep looking around you will see them! He said these ARE WRITTEN that you might believe.

Finally, you use the same type argumentation of most denominationalist when they cannot substantiate their doctrine. You appeal to silence. God does not like this approach. Hebs. 7:14;8:4.

You ignore the implications of your doctrine because it exposes it as blatantly false. See I Cor. 13:8-13,Eph.4:12-18. The second coming of Christ cannot be rationally considered in light of these passages.

If you do not like what an original word in the text means or implies, you just ignore it! You evidently believe that a noun and a verb are the same parts of speech and have the same meanings. SEE Graphe and Prophetuo.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What in the world are you talking about???

Do you think that Baptists " are not Christian" because the church name is "Baptsit"???

Do you think Americans are not human because they call themselves Americans??

Where do you get that strange line of reasoning??

Bob